 Off-Topic / Debate / 17950
Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:56:58 GMT

About the slamming of the fictional person, a la Dr. Laura...

Dr. Laura is another fine example of fictional programming that is
distressingly perceived as real or true or accurate.  I know you're
referring to a Laura-esque character, but the point remains that people do
indeed believe fictional shows to equate to reality.

Hmm.  I trust you're not claiming that the Dr. Laura Show is fictional as in
"written and acted out".  She does host a radio show, people do call in, and
she does respond to them as presented.

The relative merits of said show are of course debateable.  Personally, I
think Sluggy Freelance nailed it pretty well with their "Dr. Lorna" parody
that was running a few years back.

James