 Off-Topic / Debate / 14619
Re: Customs question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:00:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Kevin Wilson writes:
If you or I decide to do it anyway, it doesn't make it not a lie.

Okay.  So what?  Is lying of this type supposed to rate high on the
sin-o-meter? I barely care, nor do many others I suspect.

So your saying it's ok to sin a little bit?  What if I steal only a little
bit?  Would that be ok?  I don't think it is.  Where do you draw the line?

Is it a sin to break a law that is morally incorrect?
Is it a sin to abide by a law that is morally incorrect?

Stealing is way different than evading customs impositions that hinder free
trade or than evading laws against victimless crimes, for example.

FUT ot.debate