 Marketplace / Theory / 2205
Re: Customs question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 02:36:33 GMT

I think a lot of people are honesty impaired.

I can think of few instances where the amount of stuff I have ordered abroad
is of anyone's business or interest.  A lot of the trading that goes on
here, brickbay, and so on, is essentially inconsequential.  I figure if it
gets someone out of having to pay a duty, writing "gift" on the package
cannot be a big deal.  I seem to recall a lady in San Diego complaining
about having to pay tax on a package coming from DYA in France, if she had
known the cost of the duty it would have been a deal breaker.  You can be
assured that when I made a purchase from there, I asked them to write "gift"
on the package. I think I got a handful of 6097s that way. I certainly would
never buy anything from Europe if there was a lot of extra tax to be charged
on top of it -- or extra shipping to avoid packages large enough to incur
such a penalty.

Why make it more complicated than it has to be?

I bet hundreds of people are reading this thread and snickering, thinking "I
can't beleive that people worry it to this degree. Just mark it a gift."

-- Hop-Frog