 Marketplace / Theory / 2200
2199  |  2201
Subject:
Customs question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:48:04 GMT

I know, or at least beleive I have heard, that small Lego packages between
individuals being sent internationally can be marked as "Gift" for customs
forms, and they are not taxed.  Or at least not taxed as highly.  Is this
true?  If one were to have a business that shipped Lego internationally, say
from a distribution center in the US to a distribution center in Australia,
how would you fill out the customs form?  I would assume marking it gift
would violate some laws.  What are some of the things to thing about customs
wise in an international Lego reselling business?

Eric