 Off-Topic / Debate / 11175
Re: Nothing personal, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:10:55 GMT

Larry,
You really are being obtuse.

Wellll, one of you are anyway.

Further, I find the straw poll you have taken above to spectacularly
ridiculous.

How so?

I could note that the consensus of views posted here is that you
did indeed fabricate the point I am questioning you on

What consensus is that?  What I think is that he made an educated guess.  When
you are quoting government statistics, those are also educated guesses.  So his
statistic is as valid as the numbers you pull off the web to justify any number
of assertions.

All I ask Larry is that you be willing to justify the points you make –
people may respect your argument more if you could justify yourself.

What people?  Since everyone here knows that he's right, no one is going to
respect his claims about LUGNET demographics any more if he sends a survey to
every human on earth asking about LUGNET and compiles the statistics from those
few who return them.  You are being absurd.

Is it too much to ask that you be willing to justify yourself?

Yes.  When the point is obvious, it is.  Current threads aside, Larry needn't
justify the claim that the sky is blue either.

Chris