 Off-Topic / Debate / 11164
Re: Nothing personal, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:39:24 GMT

Frank and Lindsay write:

Programming does require higher brain function,

Higher than what?

(one I especially miss is the stimulation I get
from role playing gaming)

I've been asking something of RPGers for years: Does what you value about
playing RPGs lean more toward the role-playing (i.e. acting) or more toward the
problem solving?  I've been playing RPGs for twenty years and what I've valued
has changed over that time.  So I'm curious about others.

  True.  But are problem-solving and critical analysis that different?

It feels like it.  Or maybe, "problem solving" is too big a term to be useful.
I've wondered about that from an education standpoint, too.

   LFB (who wonders about the room arrangements)

I got the room reserved (I thought I told you and Chris about that).

  Yeh, I was just wondering what the specifics were, but I suppose
  we can get our ducks in a row closer to the day.

What specifics?  You're sleeping on the floor and fetching our slippers for us
in the morning, bit...

Chris :-)