 Off-Topic / Debate / 11186
Re: Nothing personal, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:08:00 GMT

Who wants him too? I am only asking what his source/s of a statistic is. It
is that simple. If it was a guess, why did he not just say that? Why concoct
some asinine story rather than say “I guess” or “I assume”. Like you say,
the fact is obvious - we would all have accepted it without question.
Instead we get:

“When you challenged me I went off and counted noses at that point in order
to see if my hunch was right. It was, at least for the 20+ fests, meetings,
events, etc., I've attended in 6 countries on 3 continents... (a slightly
better sample set than yours) For the subset that I reviewed pictures, each
one ofthem was more male than 49% and more white than the population average
for the continent or the country or the state that it was held in.
(whichever is a good metric)”

Descibing that as a "guess" or a "hunch" *is* absurd!

Blah blah blah...WHO CARES!!

I see you've been totally ignoring the point of this thread (The Scott and
Larry Show has been reduced to childish actions carried out to the nth
nitpick - and a bunch of us are totally annoyed with it) and my posts that
Larry replied to - requesting, as others have, to move this to email.

If a majority of debate readers wants to take a poll and say they want this
drivel to continue, then I'll resign (and put debate on ignore).  But, as I
said, I would like to continue reading debate and I'm not going to put
either of you on igore because I like your other stuff (when you're not
throwing 'he started it first' at each other).

The point of this thread starting was not for you two to start it up again,
please take your differences offline.  We ALL KNOW you two have some
irreconcilable differences (based on how thick skulled both of you have been
when dealing with each other) so butt heads elsewhere.  Its NOT
entertaining, and most of it doesn't pertain to the rest of us.  Why subject
us to this drivel??

And - I DON'T CARE who is right or who is wrong!!

-Tim (just a little bit frustrated)