 Off-Topic / Debate / 11165
Re: Nothing personal, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:24:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:

<snip>

Like I said, it *does* matter who is at fault, some of the time.

I reject the notion that there is no difference between the person who asks
silly questions and the person who just can't resist scratching the
unscratchable itch. (Duane H. and I had a very fruitful conversation about
that notion a week or so back in regard to our friend the spoofer...)

I have seen two camps here in this thread. Those that wish we both would
shut up because they feel we are equally to blame, and those who wish Scott
would stop with his asinine behaviour. I haven't seen a third camp that
assigns the bulk of the fault to me, (or to a lesser extent, to the other
people that Scott has picked on with his questions in the past) other than
Scott himself. Why is that?

One other minor point, since Scott is likely to post "youch, an insult" in
response to something in this post. Insults and truth are not mutually
exclusive. I've insulted him, yes, but I haven't said anything about his
behaviour that isn't true, and everyone knows it, except Scott.

The above is not something that could have been taken to email, sorry.