 Off-Topic / Debate / 11176
Re: Is it ~OK~ for government to subsidise profit making industry?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:19:58 GMT

when I read the story below, I thought this was the
one area where companies and individuals did not need handouts / subsidies.

Why is that?

Can it really be ~OK~ for government to subsidise profit making industry(?)
in this way?

If they have to rob from the rich (or more accurately, middle class) to give to
the poor, at least this way they're doing it in a way that supplies the poor a
way to see to themselves.

What could you possibly object to?  This, to me, seems like a perfect use of
government program (given a context of such social programs, of course).

Chris