 Marketplace / Shopping / 2247
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:15:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

Paul Davidson wrote in message ...
What about people without ID?  (like kids)

Reasonable question ...

My son (who just turned five) received two copies of the Ultimate LEGO Book
for Christmas.  We returned one copy to TRU in exchange for a merchandise
credit (used to buy LEGO of course).  Since it was his present, he had to
carry it into TRU and present to the person at the return counter.  I had to
complete the paperwork and show my ID in order to complete the transacation.
I have no idea what they would do if a 12 year returned something without
any ID or accompanied by a parent or other supervising adult/sibling.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

Most(All?) TRUs have a sign that says all children must be accompanied by an
adult.  Dunno if an age is attached or not though.

Jeff