 Marketplace / Shopping / 2255
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:16:46 GMT

picky.

My recollection is that the coffee was determined to be 150 degrees - • which
is 30 degrees higher than allowed by law for a hot water heater to be • set
at
for any residence or hotel, for safety reasons.

Only 150 degrees?  That shouldn't be a serious burn -- anyone who • frequents
coffee shops (as I do) knows that the "normal" temperature for a latte • is
160 degrees.  I myself order them at 150 because I find that my mouth is
more sensitive to hot drinks than some people.  I can't see how that can • be
criminal negligence, although I certainly agree that *too* hot is a bad
thing.

Perhaps he meant *centigrade*.  ;)  (this would be a trick--those • newfangled
coffee machines that produce coffee under 12 atm pressure...)

best

Lindsay

I was about to challenge you on your physics until I saw you were joking. :)

Paul Davidson