 Off-Topic / Fun / 4086
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:21:38 GMT

"Selçuk " wrote:
If you ever had a chance to taste Elvan, Uludag, Yedigün or Camlica (1), you
would immediately realized that you hadn't taste a real pop to the
date...:-)
(1) All Turkish brands (Yedigün and Elvan does not exist now) and much much
better than the crap like 7up or Sprite (eeeghk!..).

Sounds intriguing.  Any chance it could be found outside of Turkey?  Has
anyone seen these brands in Turkish stores or restaurants in the U.S.?

There's this Brazilian soda (Guanara? or something) that I had once and
thought was incredibly keen.  I wish I could find it again...  *sigh*

I just visited the Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin, TX -- the only place where they
still use sugar cane instead of corn syrup -- and got away with a case of the
stuff.  It's definitely better than the typical stuff.  There's none of the
bitterness or overbearing sweetness.  It's so good, I can drink this Dr.
Pepper after it's gone flat.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Change is good, but you can't keep it in your pockets forever.