 Marketplace / Shopping / 2142
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 20:57:28 GMT

How are they supposed to check?  How would they know who purchsed the set?
For all they know, you could've given the set to that person.  They aren't
psychic, you know.

This is a very good point.  Many stores don't even require a reciept any more.
One somewhat funny story I have is of a warehouse worker at a company that I
used to work for got caught stealing some relatively expensive consumer
product.  The way he got caught was the Target store in the area called the
warehouse to see if something was going on because this one guy had been
returning about 10 of that product about every other day for a few weeks.  Sure
enough they checked the guy's car and there was about 10 of that product that
he was about to return for cash.

Admitidly this guy was not to bright continually returning the product in large
quantities to the same store over and over again but the point is in general it
is not the stores resposibility.  If you used a Credit Card maybe you have a
beef if they gave the guy's cash because they probably sould have checked the
card and credited the card.  Not given cash.  But if you paid cash and they
gave cash back I wouldn't blame the store.  I guess I would try and claim it on
your insurance but then again any deductable you have probably doesn't make it
worth it anyway.

I had a car broken into once and it sucks so I feel for you but I wouldn't
blame TRU.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/