 Marketplace / Shopping / 2144
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 20:52:36 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tim Coats writes:
A couple of months ago I bought some Lego from Toys R Us.  Later that
afternoon some sleazebag broke the window of my car and stole it.  (They
broke a $165.00 window to get $15.00 worth of Lego, the asshole)
Anyway, what is even worse is, since it was in its original bag with
reciept they took it back to Toys R Us and returned it for cash.  We
found this out and got as much info. from Toys R Us about the offending
person.  Of course the info. they gave Toys R Us for the refund was
fraudulent.  They didn't even check ID.

Anyway, what really pissed me off was that Toys R Us basically fenced
stolen property, which is illegal and would not even refund my money or
give me store credit.  I have sent two letters to their regional office
and got jacked around by those sleazebags.  I have since filed
somplaints with the BBB and chamber of commerce in my local area.  I am
encouraging everyone who reads this to boycott Toys R Us completely, or
at least buy $15.00 less each year.  I want them to pay for fencing my
Lego a 1000 times over.

What really makes me mad is that when they could not get orders from
their web site to people in time for Christmas they sent them $100.00
gift certificates.  I am deeply offended and hurt that they would give
someone $100.00 in credit for a delayed order, but that they won't
refund my $15.00 when the are actually guilty of a crime.  I am
completely exasperated by this and, like I said, am recommended everyone
boycott the zleazebags (unless of course they have an irresistable
clearence sale on Lego ;)  ).

Timbo

I'm not sure that you are blowing this entirely out of proportion, but file a
police report and demand the return of the stolen item.  That's about as far as
you can go with it.

Bruce
I have already done that.  But buying stolen goods is not legal and
reselling them is even worse.  It doesn't matter if they "know" or not.
The reason they should check ID is so that they verify the person who
they are giving the refund to is who they say they are so the police
can  track down the piece of crap.  If you let them put a false name on
a refund slip that doesn't give much of a lead.

Timbo