 Marketplace / Shopping / 2166
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 00:49:54 GMT

The WordMeister wrote in message ...

[ ... snipped ... ]

As for me, I don't usually shop at TRU for Lego because their _prices_ are
almost always too high. (One would think that a huge chain like TRU would • use
its buying power to bring lower prices to the consumer, but this is yet to
happen--Lego Shop@Home is a actually a viable alternative to TRU.)

I am actually okay with the fact that TRU charges more.  That means that TRU
will tend to have older stock longer than Wal-Mart, Target, and K-Mart, etc.
Anytime I am on the road (frequently lately) and I come across a TRU I swing
in if I have time.  You never know what you might find on their shelves.
Best place to buy current year sets is not at TRU but if you want something
that has been out for a year of two, odds of finding it at Target are about
zero.

My $0.02 - YMMV ...

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh