 Marketplace / Shopping / 2137
2136  |  2138
Subject:
My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 20:17:32 GMT

A couple of months ago I bought some Lego from Toys R Us.  Later that
afternoon some sleazebag broke the window of my car and stole it.  (They
broke a $165.00 window to get $15.00 worth of Lego, the asshole)
Anyway, what is even worse is, since it was in its original bag with
reciept they took it back to Toys R Us and returned it for cash.  We
found this out and got as much info. from Toys R Us about the offending
person.  Of course the info. they gave Toys R Us for the refund was
fraudulent.  They didn't even check ID.

Anyway, what really pissed me off was that Toys R Us basically fenced
stolen property, which is illegal and would not even refund my money or
give me store credit.  I have sent two letters to their regional office
and got jacked around by those sleazebags.  I have since filed
somplaints with the BBB and chamber of commerce in my local area.  I am
encouraging everyone who reads this to boycott Toys R Us completely, or
at least buy $15.00 less each year.  I want them to pay for fencing my
Lego a 1000 times over.

What really makes me mad is that when they could not get orders from
their web site to people in time for Christmas they sent them $100.00
gift certificates.  I am deeply offended and hurt that they would give
someone $100.00 in credit for a delayed order, but that they won't
refund my $15.00 when the are actually guilty of a crime.  I am
completely exasperated by this and, like I said, am recommended everyone
boycott the zleazebags (unless of course they have an irresistable
clearence sale on Lego ;)  ).

Timbo