 Marketplace / Shopping / 2194
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 04:06:02 GMT

Paul Davidson wrote in message ...
What about people without ID?  (like kids)

--

Reasonable question ...

My son (who just turned five) received two copies of the Ultimate LEGO Book
for Christmas.  We returned one copy to TRU in exchange for a merchandise
credit (used to buy LEGO of course).  Since it was his present, he had to
carry it into TRU and present to the person at the return counter.  I had to
complete the paperwork and show my ID in order to complete the transacation.
I have no idea what they would do if a 12 year returned something without
any ID or accompanied by a parent or other supervising adult/sibling.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh