 Marketplace / Shopping / 2145
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:07:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tim Coats writes:
A couple of months ago I bought some Lego from Toys R Us.  Later that
afternoon some sleazebag broke the window of my car and stole it.  (They
broke a $165.00 window to get $15.00 worth of Lego, the asshole)
Anyway, what is even worse is, since it was in its original bag with
reciept they took it back to Toys R Us and returned it for cash.  We
found this out and got as much info. from Toys R Us about the offending
person.  Of course the info. they gave Toys R Us for the refund was
fraudulent.  They didn't even check ID.

Anyway, what really pissed me off was that Toys R Us basically fenced
stolen property, which is illegal and would not even refund my money or
give me store credit...<snip>

Timbo

While I and the other vocal on-lookers don't see any wrongdoing on the part of
TRU, I'd bet any judge in Michigan would find for you on this one. Their track
records seem to imply that they have some sort of agenda against corporations.
Not that I advocate suing purely for the sake of money or revenge.
"The law prohibits me from promising you a huge cash settlement, but just
between you and me, I promise you a huge cash settlement." -Lionel Hutz,
Attorney at Law

-Adam