 Marketplace / Shopping / 2190
Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:08:02 GMT

What about people without ID?  (like kids)

--

Paul Davidson

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Joel VanAtta wrote in message ...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Well, how were they supposed to know it was stolen? If he's got a • receipt,
that means somebody bought it. Most cases, the person returning it was • the
person who bought it. I know, they should have checked ID, but the • returns
area (at least in the store I work in) is usually too busy to take time • to
check ID and run BG checks...

My local TRU (Cary, NC) is very diligent about checking ID on returns.  I
recently returned a couple things and how to show my NC Drivers License
before I received my merhcandise card (returned item w/o receipt).

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh