 Marketplace / Shopping / 11375
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:33:46 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Holger Matthes wrote:

Hopefully these are the old colors?!

What about prizes and availability?

Wow. You guys are SO fast! I just got final green light a few hours ago, and was working on an announcement!

So here’s the skinny:

As announced at BrickFest PDX, there have been a limited number, one time only product run of the old colors. We ran a production run of 10,000 bags eash, and when they are gone, they’re gone. These are available now for pre-order in all S@H countries. The scheduled ship date is 14 May 2004. First come, first served.

All bags are priced at:

EURO 5,49/ DKK 44.95/ USD 4.99 /GBP 3.75

#10145 Assorted Light Grey Bricks
#10146 Assorted Dark Grey Bricks
#10147 Assorted Brown Bricks
#10148 Assorted Light Grey Plates
#10149 Assorted Dark Grey Plates
#10150 Assorted Brown Plates

Now before anyone flames me or the color change, I know this isn’t a solution to the color change. I know it’s a band-aid. All that aside, hopefully this is a small thing that you will find some amount of benefit in.

Jake,

I would like to thank you and the LEGO company for putting out these bulk packs as a way to acknowledge that the color change is an issue for AFOLs.

There have been a lot of negative comments on the color change and anything LEGO has to say about it. I’m not too happy to be in the same AFOL group as the nay-sayers. LEGO goes out of their way to acknowledge the color change issue by creating bulk packs, and all they get is grief. Pretty unimpressive for “adults”.

Anyone who is ready to get out of the LEGO hobby because they are so offended by LEGO’s color change, are free to send their LEGO to me, before the door hits them on the butt on the way out.

I find your patience with this group quite amazing. I know I could not respond to all this flack with the diplomacy and grace you consistanty show. You must bite your tongue a lot.

Kevin