 Marketplace / Shopping / 11364
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:23:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Chris Phillips wrote:

(snip)

   Let’s not forget that this very week we have seen evidence that our complaints have been heard and that TLC is taking action. This is no dead horse in my eyes.

I think Jake responded quickly to the initial outcry, but the continued discontent is not having any added effect IMO.

   My hope is that the bulk parts pack are in fact a trial baloon, and that TLC may look at the sales figures on these items in any possible review of the color change.

I think the characterization of the bulk packs as “trial balloons” is inaccurate. They are a direct result of Jake’s persuading the company to issue a last shot at obtaining the original colors before they are gone forever, as a service to AFOLs. Were it not for his actions, this would never have happened. The decision has been made.

Now, that is not to say that TLC might take pause at how quickly these packs sell out (if indeed they do sell out quickly) and reconsider the decision. But the bottom line is that it will be the bottom line that will change their minds, not incessant complaining.

JOHN