 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / *1971 (-100)
  Re: set 7221

(...) See (URL) for more info. I didn't go to an AMC theater during the holidays, dang it! James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  set 7221

My sister picked this set up for me from an AMC movie theater. It was in the kid's pack. Warning: huge image! (URL) have not seen this set mentioned before, and I don't know if it is the only set available, or if there are others. Feel free to use (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Cambria Earthquake Tracking

For those of you who felt the Cambria earthquake a while ago there is data collection link at (URL). Click on the "Did you feel it?" link. Maggie C. (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.la, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Finally, pictures of some MOCs

Now that I have finally gotten a digital camera, I have gotten around to taking some pictures of the stuff I built for our train layout. Santa Cruz Lighthouse, Route 66 Diner, my 9/11 memorial: (URL) Francisco Cable Cars monorail: (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  REMINDER: BayLTC at GATS this weekend!

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) Please note, some of the information has been updated. SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we have been (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Brick Testament in San Jose Mercury News this Saturday - this time for real!

OK, it ended up being delayed for a month, but the San Jose Mercury News is finally going to be running their story on The Brick Testament on Saturday, November 22nd. Look for it in the Family & Religion section. This latest flurry of media (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak)

  Sacramento Brick Builders needs a logo!

Hello Sacramento area Lego fans, The new Sacramento Lego club needs a logo, and I am looking for your input! If anyone is interested in designing a logo for our new club, the Sacramento Brick Builders, please let me know. Our abbreviated name is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we have been "confirmed for show" for the Great American Train Show (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Sacramento Brick Builders - our first meetings!

Hello fellow Sacramento area Lego enthusiasts! I am pleased to announce that we have found a meeting location for the Sacramento Lego club, and I have scheduled our first two meetings! They are still some time away due to room availability, but I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Brick Testament in San Jose Mercury News this Saturday

(...) --UPDATE!-- The San Jo Merc News alerted me today that this article has been postponed. I also just noticed that I gave a conflicting date above. The article had been scheduled for Saturday (tomorrow), but is now being delayed. I'll post here (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, FTX)

  Sacramento, CA LUG is forming!

Hello all! I am pleased to announce that we are in the process of forming the Sacramento Lego Users Group, aka SacLUG. We have begun by asking adults and kids alike to sign up at the (URL) Sacramento Lego Road Show stop>. We got a lot (over 100!) of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sto, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, FTX) !

  Brick Testament in San Jose Mercury News this Saturday

Just wanted to give a heads-up for anyone in the SF Bay Area that there will be an article on The Brick Testament in this Sunday's (18 October 2003) edition of the San Jose Mercury News. An interviwer and photographer from the paper came by my house (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak)

  Re: UPDATED: BayLUG to Show at Sacramento LEGO Tour Stop

(...) As a reminder the event is today, tomorrow and Sunday. KCRA in Sacramento had a news report on it-- they challenged a master builder, Kurt Zimmerle, to build the Tower Bridge (a local landmark) in 90 minutes-- in time to show it at the end of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  UPDATED: BayLUG to Show at Sacramento LEGO Tour Stop

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) UPDATE: The location and times have changed. Please see below for new information. SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and the Bay Area (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  BayLUG & BayLTC Meeting this Sat. Oct. 4

The Bay Area LEGO Users Group and Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLUG/BayLTC) announce their "Halloween" Meeting and Show to be held Saturday October 4th. Members meeting from 12:30 to 2 pm and open to the public from 2 to 4:00pm in the Fukaya Room at (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  BayLUG to Show at Sacramento LEGO Tour Stop

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) are pleased to announce that we have accepted an (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Sacramento and region Legoists - new LUG?

Hi all, As some of you know, I just moved to Davis from Maryland. I drove down (way, way down) to the Sept. 6 BayLUG meeting. It is quite a drive from the Sacramento area down to Fremont, so I am trying to gauge if there is any interest in forming (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  Re: BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

(...) The was a TV story Sunday night on one of our local stations, WTVD (ABC) about Brickfest, mentioning the attendee count and footage. My parents asked me if I was there this past weekend:) Joe Meno (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

(...) The Bay Area ABC radio affiliate picked up on it too. In addition to mentioning the "cathedrals to robots", they talked to AF'sOL who admitted spending upwards of $10,000 a year on LEGO. Hmm, that could be any of several people.... :-) Maggie (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

(...) Hmm... sounds like they picked up the CNN scroll from last nite. (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

G'Morning all you lucky BrickFest attendees! The SF Bay Area affiliate of CBS radio did a 3-line mention of BrickFest this morning at about 7:33 am. Key points: not for kids, 255 adults, GWU-Arlington campus, models ranging from "cathedrals to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  San Mateo GATS a success

BayLTC has just completed another successful GATS show. Our layout came out winning the Second Place award in the layout contest. Pictures should be coming around soon. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club Representative, ILTCO Member, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  BayLTC at GATS this weekend!

FREMONT, CA - This is just a reminder that the Bay Area LEGO Train Club is displaying at the Great American Train Show this weekend in San Mateo, CA. All the details are on our web site: (URL) Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club Representative, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

(...) LOL, ok, well, the good news is, I think I'm closer. I hopped on the 233, but it took me to NewPark Mall. Having not seen the corner of Newark & Cedar, I asked the bus driver if I'd missed it and he said I should have taken the 330 (because (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

(...) Whew, just in time...just arriving Union City now... Mark, thanks for clearing up my confusion. (...) Are you have wireless e-mail? --Todd (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

ARG, the 217/8 takes you to the REGULAR Ohlone campus on Mission blvd. in FREMONT. NOT the NOC in Newark, you need TO GET OFF BART at UNION CITY and take the 233 to the corner of Newark and Cedar, then walk across Newark, and go up cedar 2 blocks (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

(...) Ya, that tomorrow. :-} (...) on my way to Fremont, where I plan to catch the first 217 AC (or 218 if that turns out to make more sense) to Ohlone from Fremont. I guess that puts me there around 9:30-10:00. I forgot to ask earlier, could (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

Hi, There's a park and ride lot across from McDs. Looks like that's where the stop is. The bus gets off 680, goes across Mission Blvd, in front of mcds loops around the PR lot & gets back on the freeway going east again. The challenge is to figure (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

I can get him to that mcdonalds also, its about a mile from my house. I think the bus stop is across the street from it. Mark (...) ___...___ Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo (URL) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

All: The San Jacquin [sp?] (i.e. the central valley train) is boarded in Stockton and terminates in Bakersfield. There is an Amtrak bus from the San Jose depot that goes to Stockton. It has four intermediate stops, one near the McDonalds off of 880 (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: April BayLUG meeting

Hi, Meeting room does not open until ~9:30. So take your time. Maybe Todd could catch a ride with Bruce or someone else that lives in SJ if he wants to go there. I don't know if trains to the Central Valley leave from centerville or SJ's Depot. I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

Hi Todd, First I assume that by tomorrow, you mean Saturday, right? Your best bet is Union City BART station. I could pick you up there around 8AM, on my way to get breakfirst (at a coffe shop in Newark, 2 blocks away from the meeting place)... (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

What light rail stop is closest to the meeting tomorrow in Newark? I'll be coming from the Martinez area. --Todd (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

(...) Of course! Actually, technically, you are a member... (...) Not me. After the meeting I'm heading straight up the street to storage and then off to pick up the fiancee. (...) Sorry, I live near San Jose International. (...) I see no problem (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

(...) Of course! Actually, technically, you are a member... (...) Not me. After the meeting I'm heading straight up the street to storage and then off to pick up the fiancee. (...) Sorry, I live near San Jose International. (...) I see no pronlem (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: April BayLUG meeting

(...) Hi! I survived Portland and the PNLTC show last weekend and am here now in the Bay Area. Still very much looking forward to Saturday, but have a few logistical questions... - Can I show up at 9am even though I'm not a BayLUG member? - By (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Upcoming BayLUG/BayLTC events

FREMONT, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) present their upcoming events. Please note that some of this information has changed from previous announcements. ---...--- Bay Area LEGO Train Club (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  WANTED: Builders of SF Waterfront!

Dear BayLUG/BayLTC members and friends, This is not an April Fool's joke! As you may know the club is building some modules that represent the San Francisco waterfront. The area covers from PacBell Park, Pier 39, and Fisherman's Wharf around to the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

(...) Cool! I look forward to your visit. Frank (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

(...) Ok, it's official -- I found (thanks to tips from several folks) a three-legged trip fare at an attractive price, so it's a go! I leave Boston in the evening on the 16th and fly into PDX around 8am on the 17th. Then I'm in the Portland area (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  BayLTC Confirmed for San Mateo GATS!

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation that the status for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show has been upgraded from "Hold" to "Confirmed For Show". (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  April BayLUG meeting

FREMONT, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group is pleased to announce its April meeting. Saturday, April 26, 2003 Members Only 9am-noon Open to the public noon-3pm Member clean-up 3pm-3:45pm Kids of all ages and their families are welcome! This is (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

(...) It is about 12 hours by car, so that sounds about right by bus. Amtrak also serves that route. Trains leave Portland at 2:25pm, arriving in Oakland at 8:35am and San Jose at 9:55am. Cost is $61. Sleepers are available starting at $139 (in (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

It's a 10 hour drive, no stops. I would take AMTRAK! SteveB PS Welcome aboard! :) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

(...) It is on the 'hound, I expect. They stop everywhere. I used to hound to school and a 6 hour ride by car was a 15 hour ride by hound. (...) Try an open jaw or even a three leg. What are you looking to spend? One ways tend to be more than (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

Hi Todd, Looking forward to seeing you in April! BTW, April 16 is my birthday. Looks like we need to schedule a BayLUG/BayLTC meeting for Saturday April 26th! Yes, its about 640 miles from Portland to SF. It takes about 10 hours in a car with (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Portland and San Francisco in April

I'm planning to be in San Francisco the week of April 21-25 and am wondering if I can squeeze in a visit to the PNLTC show in Portland on April 17-19. According to the Greyhound website, I can get a bus from Portland to San Francisco on April 20 for (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

Hi, In case you missed it at the diner, or didn't make it to BW '03, (or a BayLTC pizza meeting) Ross showed the prototype Maglev vehicle and short "track" that he and I built. Eric Sophie was kind enough to snap and post a pic of it. Its at: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf) !

  BricksWest 2003 and 2002 pictures posted

Last year I took hundreds of pics at BricksWest 2002 but never got around to uploading them to the Web for all to see. I didn't want to make the same mistake this year so I did it before the end of February. And while I was at it, I uploaded last (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  #8880 Super Car anyone?

Hey all, I have the set and the instructions (no box) up for trade. Below are sets I'd be interested in trading it for: #4482 AT-TE (1 for 1) #1382 Scary Laboratory (2 for 1) #4478 Geonosian Fighter (4 for 1) #7163 Republic Gunship (1 for 1) #4709 (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My "Ultimate Collectors" interview: Thursday, January 30th!

"We need more bricks, please!" What else?! :-) Dave "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:H91J1u.KBr@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My "Ultimate Collectors" interview: Thursday, January 30th!

(...) But what will your collection say????? 8?) ROSCO (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  My "Ultimate Collectors" interview: Thursday, January 30th!

Hey all, The date is set. A local film crew will be coming to my apartment to interview me and my collection. I'm EXCITED! I'll wear my Lugnet t-shirt, of course. I'll give you all the details at the meet in February. Hopefully by then I'll know (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  road baseplates 6322

Hello, Is there anyone who will be at the next BayLUG meeting (Sat Feb 8, 2003) who wants some of the 6322 road plates? These are the straight plates that have recently sold out of Shop at Home. I found a source of them. They are $6 or $7 plus tax. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  I'll find out in a couple of weeks!

Hey all, I e-mailed Melissa about being profiled for the "Ultimate Collectors" show and she called me! We set up a phone interview which, I think, went very well. She's now writing a pitch for her bosses and if they like it, they'll fly a camera (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

(...) That's the Mindstorms set I bought. I guess it looked so bad it scared most people away. For those who didn't see it, the cover flap was totally ripped away and parts were jumbled inside. But I checked and all of the sensors and both motors (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

(...) I saw that 75% post yesterday and left work early to go check it out. Everything was 50%, didn't see anything that was 75%. There was a Lego Mindstorms set pretty mangled and a Lego IR controlled race car which was opened. Both appeared to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

Hi Maggie, You also might try Vacaville and Fairfield Targets. They both had lots of train sets before new years at 30% but have likely dropped them by now. (...) ___...___ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

(...) Dang, I was there Tuesday and they had several at 30% off. Anyway, I saw this post at 6:48pm and was out the door before 6:55 to get over there to see what I could find. A 40 minute drive each way and I managed to scrounge up four train cars-- (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 75% off Target Sales

(...) As an additional data point... I have seen Targets in the past few days with the clearanced Lego section at 30, 50 & 75% off, but the singular exception was the MOT sets. All 4 of the MOT sets were at 50% off regardless of the Target I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 75% off Target Sales

(...) El Cerrito, Mark??? I cleared out the rolling stock and passenger cars at 75% off at that store. ALso picked up the last 4534 at 50% at the San Leandro Target, which had no rolling stock to speak of. Hoping for another 4534 (at 75%).... Paul (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

Thanks for the heads up. Everyone please mention stores that hit 75% off IF you don't wipe them out - I'm still looking for some log cars at 75% off, but I'm not driving to NAPA for them ;-) Make sure you mention exactly WHICH store, including the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

NAPA TARGET %75 off. Some trains... until yesterday. Still lots of log cars there for $4. Good deal for train wheels. Others we hit yesterday on way home: Vallejo still 30% Pleasant Hill 50% (Met a potential new Baylug family here who said Martinez (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

You just need to check every local target. I hit 4 yesterday, and all had switched to 50% off on the MOT sets. I was nice and only bought ONE of the large train set, leaving some for others. I can't say that for the caboose, though ;-) Odds are your (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...  [DAT]

sorry paul, i was headed out the door. from what i can remember... hilltop: still at 30%. i grabbed the remaining 7201 - final duel II. they had all their clearance still in the lego isle so it was a little hard to spot everything. this was the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

Specifics, jason - specifics?????? Paul Sinasohn also in the Bay Area (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Emeryvill TRU update

Hey all, Went down there today to shop for others, found they were having a buy one get another (equal or lesser value) 50% off sale. This special did not apply to Orient sets (they appeared to have all of them, but not in the same place), (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  PCC (was Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

(...) OK, how was this done? (URL) then (URL) yellow window HAD to be mutilated (among many other required mutilations (1) )but it's done very very cleverly. That's the best LEGO PCC I've ever seen, but there is no way to make one that good from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

My pics are posted at Tom's Legomania, (URL) only about 80 pics, though. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Pictures of BayLTC at GATS in Pleasanton CA, Nov 30/Dec 1 2002

Pictures of our award winning (first place) layout at GATS are now available on my website, and after moderation, on Brickshelf: (URL) William R Ward bill@wards.net (URL) Consistency is not really a human trait. --Maude (from the film "Harold & (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

Bravo, BayLTC! It's always great to hear that another club has received a first-place award at a train show. :-) JohnG, GMLTC (fut trains.org, just to reduce clutter!) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Success at Pleasanton GATS

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, has just finished a very successful display at the Great American Train Show in Pleasanton, CA. The club layout came away winning First Place in the train layout contest. Pictures should be coming (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Possible Thanksgiving Visit

(...) You can always come see the BayLTC layout at the GATS show in Pleasanton, November 30 and December 1. Russell BayLTC/BayLUG (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Possible Thanksgiving Visit

I'm still tossing around ideas for Thanksgiving. One option is a friend in Oakland who has invited me. While this is now a driveable distance for me, it's a pretty long drive for just one or two days. I'm considering that if I added a visit with SF (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Huge thank you's all around!

Hey all, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to the meet at Ohlone College last weekend. The room was kinda funky, but a great time was still had by all. I wish to especially thank Roger for the FREE bricks (let me know if you need (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS!

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation that the status for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show has been upgraded from "Hold" to "Confirm". Show Details: (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Sacramento Area LEGO Fans

(...) Lucky for you the closest one to me (downtown Riverside Drive) is about 35 miles away! BTW I heard on the radio this morning that they are opening several new Targets in the Bay Area this weekend (it was a Bay Area station so I don't know if (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Sacramento Area LEGO Fans

(...) Oh, all right. I wasn't going to because there was no evidence that my answer to your post in the Northern Nevada group was ever read, but since you insist.... We out here in the hinterlands of Northern California are not the sociable BayLUG (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Visiting Santa Rosa (Was: Let me know what days are open)

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Horst Lehner writes: Shopping tips are (...) Guten tag, Herr Lehner. Ich sprechen ein wenig Deutsch. Ich sprechen überwenig Deutsch. :) Das Lego einkaufsviertil in America kostspielig ist. Apropros, Ich bin apologetisch für (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Visiting Santa Rosa (Was: Let me know what days are open)

Hello everybody, I am from Germany, but will be on a business trip in Santa Rosa from Oct. 7th until Oct. 18th. I have the option to stay one week or so before and/or after that. So, David, if you don't mind a stranger, I would be interested in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Or start your own up there! I'd bet there are lots of lurkers and interested kids/AFOLs in the area from Auburn to Elk Grove to Davis... The problem is contacting and organizing them... I'd suggest sending out a notice on lugnet, and posting notices (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Probably the closest LUG/LTC you are going to find is BayLUG and BayLTC, which are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The only two other California clubs are down south in Los Angeles and San Diego. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Definitions: LUG or LTC

(...) BayLUG was formed as a general interest group because at the time there wasn't enough train-heads to form a train specific club. BayLTC was formed with the purpose of displaying at the NMRA National Train Show in San Jose in 2000. GOALS: (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Let me know what days are open

Hey Gang, Well, so far people seem to like the idea but I'm hesitant to specify a date myself. Ideally, I'd like to accomodate the largest number of people (preferably no more a dozen or so) so if you're interested, let me know what dates from (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trading get-together?

I'm all for it, but it depends on when. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Trading get-together?

Hey all, Well, now my wife and I have decided that we need to buckle down and pay off our collective credit card debt, my spending budget for Lego is somewhat limited (somewhat!). Since it seems that a meeting place for the end of the year may not (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLTC's first GATS show - pictures now avaialble

I have posted pictures from our first GATS show: (URL) questions, feedback welcome! --Bill. XFUT: lugnet.trains (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  next BayLUG meeting: 9/15

The next BayLUG meeting will be Sunday, September 15, 2002, at the Fukaya Room, Fremont Main Library. The members only hours are from 1pm-2pm, and we will open to the public from 2pm-4pm. The building contest for this meeting is a Custom Minifig (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  REMINDER: BayLTC at GATS this weekend

The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) will be presenting our train layout at the Great America Train Show, August 10-11, 2002, at the Cow Palace, Daly City, CA. Here is some general admission information: Show Hours: 11am to 5pm, both Saturday and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org)

  FOTM: Railway express for $50

I was browsing TRU today, and stumbled across a taped-up, beat-up, obviously-returned-b...-customer, 4561 Railway Express for $49.90. It'll be at the BayLUG meeting tomorrow for parting-out... --Bill. (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Overdue pictures from BricksWest '02

(...) Have you folks considered adding navigation buttons to the pictures? Frank (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Overdue pictures from BricksWest '02

The security settings on our BayLUG server restrict access to directories if there isn't an index.html file, so the hundreds of images I took are sitting there, unseen. I couldn't sleep, so I went through all of the images again, noted which ones (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: UCS Yoda 50% off at Target

I left 3 at the Walnut Creek, CA Target -- I did not have time to check any others. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Anybody have the mummy minifig?

Hi again. Well, I couldn't find a mummy fig on time, so I improvised. Came out OK, I think. You can judge for yourselves when I upload the new Brick Testament stories in just a moment. Thanks for your attention, -Rev. Smith (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Anybody have the mummy minifig?

Hi, all. I'm trying to finish work today on a new set of Brick Testament stories, but I realized at the last moment that I really need that mummy minifig from the new Curse of the Pharaoh set (1383). But no stores seem to have it! Does anybody, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Can't make it this Saturday but . . .

I've updated my want list on my website here: (URL) anyone would like so set up a trade with me for the next meet in September, let me know! I have LOTS of Pirate minifigs and boat hulls, sails, masts, and tons of other stuff. Send me your want (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  next BayLUG meeting

Sorry this is a little late... The next BayLUG meeting will be Saturday, July 20, 2002 at the Fremont Main Library. We will be open to the public from 1pm-4pm. BayLTC will be setting up our train layout as a practice run for the upcoming GATS show, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  BayLUG/BayLTC pages off-line...

FYI, the admins know about it, and the needed changes have already been made to get the site back again, but the propogation of the changes may take another day or two. :-( If you are interested in the longer story, read on. Otherwise, go look for (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak)

  Re: Bridge

(...) Close, pretty close... After some further research (helped by Mark Benz), I think I found out the one I was referring to. It's *4th* Street Bridge! (should be closeby... :-) I did try to find a sideview, but I was unable to so far; that will (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Bridge

(...) Yes, I know the bridge of which you speak. Or at least, I've seen the same TV show you did :-) Actually I believe I've spotted it from the freeway on the way into San Francisco. Here's some info I was able to find about it: Francis "Lefty" (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact