Re: Trading get-together?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 06:25:41 GMT

I'm all for it, but it depends on when.

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
Member Representative, ILTCO
http://baylug.org/russellc/
ICQ: 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844

From: "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:18:54 GMT
Subject: Trading get-together?

Well, now my wife and I have decided that we need to buckle down and pay off
our collective credit card debt, my spending budget for Lego is somewhat
limited (somewhat!).  Since it seems that a meeting place for the end of the
year may not come available, I have a modest proposal.  Our apartment
doesn't have the space to display creations or to comfortably fit more than
a dozen or so people, but I was wondering how many of you might be
interested in having a trading get-together?  My collection is totally
sorted in Iris storage shelves and very easy accessible.  There's a wide
range of pieces since my collection is only partly new sets and mostly what
I've bought used, so there are quite a few older pieces as well.  Now, keep
in mind, I'll probably want to keep some of the pieces that make you go
"ooh! ooh!", but I also have things I'd be willing to trade.  Of course, I
can't list them all but you'll see if you come!  Technic fans take note, I
have quite a bit of Technic and hardly ever use the majority of it (lots of
1x beams and 2x plates, gears too!).

Depending on when my digital camera is fixed, anyone who does come will be
able to see my first Lego castle MOC, and it's a big one!  There's a great
little pizza place around the corner where we could order lunch.  Anyone
who's interested in this idea let me know so that we could arrange a date
that works for all concerned.  I think this could be a fun idea since we
wouldn't have to contend with the public or wrestling a lot of MOC's to and
from our cars (just a little trade fodder!).  We can just haggle ("Ten?!
Are you joking?!  It's worth twenty if it's worth a sheckel!) and talk brick
and revel in our abs geekdom!