RE: April BayLUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:16:44 GMT

Hi,

Meeting room does not open until ~9:30. So take your time.

Maybe Todd could catch a ride with Bruce or someone else that lives in
SJ if he wants to go there.

I don't know if trains to the Central Valley leave from centerville
or SJ's Depot. I can get him to Centerville after the meeting if that
helps. I know they go to Martinez/Sacto from there, but not sure about
points southeast.

Thanks,
mark

-----Original Message-----
From: David Wegmuller [mailto:david@wegmuller.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 4:27 PM
To: lugnet.org.us.baylug@lugnet.com; lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: April BayLUG meeting

Hi Todd,
First I assume that by tomorrow, you mean Saturday, right?

Your best bet is Union City BART station. I could pick you up there
around
8AM, on my way to get breakfirst (at a coffe shop in Newark, 2 blocks
away
from the meeting place)...

Alternatively, there are buses run by AC transit that leave the BART
station and serve the Fremont/Newark/Union City area. More info here:

http://www.actransit.org/
There are also some taxis waiting at the BART pretty much all the
time. I
don't know how much they charge.
As far as Amtrak is concerned, the nearest station is Fremont
Centerville.
There is a train and possibly some busses to San Jose from there
(weekend
hours: http://www.amtrakcapitols.com/docs/030313_wkend.pdf ). I'm
sure
someone can drop you off at the station at the end of the meeting as
I will
be leaving early myself.

Greetings,
David Wegmuller