 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / *1571 (-100)
  Re: Some ideas for next time

(...) The "LEGO" banners and window shades went up around noon, so there was some time before hand, but not enough. I agree that it would be a good idea to post a sign up that says what it is, so passers-by can know. How about something like this: (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Bad timing...

I feel like I will be a guest when I am finally able to make it to another BayLUG meeting. I had to go to work on Saturday, as my parents were out of town and it fell on me to cover the slack. I missed out on the 8 wide train cars? Man, bummer! Who (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Some ideas for next time

(...) I believe the doors were open because people were complaining about how hot and stuffy it was in the room. But I agree completely. We should not have any signs out or have the doors open until the members only portion is over. We shouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  looking for the following people

If you are one of the following people, please reply to me about your BayLUG memberships. The email addresses I have for you are invalid. Please reply to me by the end of the month or your memberships will be terminated. Chad Paulson, Belmont (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Some ideas for next time

I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the meet. It was great that Larry made it. Special thanks to Dan V. for the great sales and trade stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to project my movie with better results in the winter as it gets dark (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  8 Wide Hopper to Debut at Fukaya!

BE THE FIRST to see the NEW, the STUPENDOUS, the truly ASTOUNDING, 8 WIDE, 2 bay hopper car to debut at BAYLUG Spring meeting! BE AWARE, do NOT be confused by those measly, wimpy, blue, 6 narrow, FOUR wheeled pathetic attempts at rolling stock from (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Parts we need... meeting availablity??

Hi, Here's some things we need: 3 white goblets 2 grey corner castle wall elements, with stones 8 grey corner castle wall elements, plain 8 white corner castle wall elements, plain 5 white divers corner 1/4 cones What do you guys need? Roger, I have (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  next BayLUG meeting

I would like to remind everyone about the next BayLUG meeting. We will be back at the Fukaya room at the Fremont library, on March 31, from 10-4. For more info, check out the BayLUG homepage at (2 URLs) for maps/directions... Russell Clark, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Guest at the next meeting?

(...) Sure. LMK when you plan to drop it off, or we can make plans for some other way. BTW, I still have your fuel car and mummy car from the August National Train Show :-) If my wife is home (and I'm not) if you are dropping off, I'll try and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Guest at the next meeting?

(...) DARNIT!!! I leave for New Orleans that afternoon, and can't be at the meeting (again...) I'd like to meet Larry in person, too... Tom, would you be willing to take my Train Contest entry to the meeting to display it? Paul Sinasohn (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Guest at the next meeting?

Hi all! I've been emailing with Larry Pieniazek, and he says that he might be able to attend some of our next meeting on 3/31. Note that it's not set in stone. It depends on if he can make the time, as he will be here on business in SF. -Tom McD. (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  K-mart sales

I checked with my local Big K (Sunnyvale, CA) and they don't know anything about a sale on Legos. Maybe it's a regional thing? Anyone seen any good deals in the Bay Area? --Bill. FUT: lugnet.market.shopping (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Clearance Stuff at Super K-Mart

Hey Y'all: I wanted to post this before bedtime tonight. The Super K-Mart in San Leandro had some items clearanced at about 40-50% off of full retail price. Items to be had were #5975 T-Rex Transport for $31 and #6520 Mobile Outpost for $16, and (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale and new eMail

(...) well. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) Sorry, I thought I sent a post about this. (On the other hand, email into and out of Microsoft (at the Silly-Valley Campus), including my corp.webtv.net account are still days-slow, so maybe my posting is still in transit. :-( (Oh yeah, the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) Any news? There seemed to be a consensus for the 24th, but that'll be here before we realize it.... --Bill (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  "Lego's online dream" -- feature article in UK Guardian Unlimited newspaper

(...) Chloe's article appeared Thursday. Here's a link to the online version: (URL) in the article: Douglas Coupland, Microserfs, Microsoft, Xbox, Harry Potter, LEGOLAND theme parks, Danielle Hainauer, Star Wars, Steven Spielberg, INmotion, Johnson (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce) !!

  Chinese New Year's Parade

Anybody going to the parade tomorrow in San Francisco, be on the lookout for a cheerleading squad made up of 34 men and 6 women. It's Cheer San Francisco, and we'll be performing thorughout the parade! Come check us out if you are going to be in (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) I may be able to do the 24th. I'm up in Santa Rosa, and haven't been to one yet, but I'd love to meet up with everyone! Matt (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) -mike (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) Come on down and bring some stuff you've built, parts to sell/trade, and $ to buy. I vote for 2/24, but my I am expecting my second child about that time, so I might not be there. For those whom I owe, this is a heads up! -Tom McD. (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) all wouldn't mind I'd like to attend the meeting, wherever it may be. Thanks Jay Jacinto (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) I can make a 2/24 meeting, but NOT a 2/17 meeting. (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

At the present time, we still can't get into the Fremont Library for a few months, due to the room still being booked out in advance. So, Mark Benz is willing to pursue asking his son's school (in Mountain View) if we could use the lunch room for a (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) If this is our only choice, then I'm all for it! I have checked many places before in San Jose, but they all want money or a deposit. We could use the community room at my apartment complex, but there is NO guest parking and the room limit is (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

I just discovered Lugnet and Baylug on the web a few weeks ago, and haven't had a chance to meet any of you yet. I'm currently working on a few Lego projects and will be putting up some web pages soon to highlight them. And I'm kicking myself for (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

(...) We've had a few problems here. Fortunately, we have generators on-site to keep the computers up. However, I learned (too late) that; 1) The generators also power the offices of the support teams :-) 2) The transfer from main to generator (and (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) I actuall;y sent a couple things out earlier, but email in the SF Bay Area seems a bit delayed these days...this may also delay mail to/from the cinnamon.com server that hosts the BA-LEGO list. :-( 1) The Fremont Library is still booked 3 (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Next Baylug Meeting

Is there any news or new info about the next baylug meeting? -mike (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Canadian Trains in Berkeley? Mooo!

(Sorry, SF Bay Area folks, or BA ex-patriots will get the reference. It's from an old milk commercial. ;-) So, my vacation last year (OCT 2000) took me through a bunch of Canada, riding the VIA train #001 "The Canadian", but I also took a bunch of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Interest in Building Backgrounds for Animated Short Film?

Hi All: I would like to apologize if this comes out of left field, as I'm not exactly a LUGNet regular (shame on me), and even I usually get paranoid about this sort of post. I don't mean for it to come off as spam, if that's how you interpret it. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: "Giant" K'Nex Coaster

This was REALLY awsome! I have always dreamed of building a big roller-coaster. I built a small one out of LEGO 4.1V track, but it was pretty lame. Your KNEX one is really great! Chris Osborn <fozztexx@pez.fullsystem.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) Better deal at Costco. $0.1775/pckg as opposed to $0.1925/pckg at Albertson's. (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

r2 wrote in message ... (...) However I just read the paper and Albertson's has the Oatmeal buy one get one free. Rose (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

For all you oatmeal eaters out there, Costco sells a 45 pack for $7.99, better than the $3.85 Albertson's wants for 10 packs. Rose Raymond Flournoy wrote in message ... (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) yup.. the local safewat here has them now. I looked at them and cant say i am super impressed (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  "Giant" K'Nex Coaster

I spent last weekend at my cousin Dave's house building a giant roller coaster out of K'Nex. We used 2 Roller Coaster sets, a Big Ball Factory set, and a Trampoline Tower set. My cousin's house has all these really neat "plant ledges" 8 feet up (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) Hmmm... consumer relations... Suzanne's last name isn't Williams, is it? :) Steve (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  New LEGO Trains (was: Next BayLUG meeting...)

As an aside to the meeting schedule; The BayLTC group (Bay Area LEGO Train Club) meets at each BayLUG meeting. The meetings are informal, and most of the members keep in touch via email between meetings. (The BayLTC group put on a display at the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) Forgive me for following up on my own question, but I finally found some boxes at one of my local Targets. The boxes do exist! --Raymond Flournoy flournoy@cs.stanford.edu ray.flournoy@amikai.com (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Next BayLUG meeting (was: SF-based journalist seeks stories...)

(...) I am with you mike. Here I am a memeber and I havent made a single meeting. Fortunately i made the Train show, so i am not a total washout. By the way, I have been hitting Shell stations in the bay area and all I have found is a few of the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Maybe it's just me, but isn't the kit only worth about 1.99? The 24 packets must cover the shipping. (I know this might be in the "cheapskate" vein) -Jon (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

I submitted the following request to the Quaker Oatmeal Consumer Relations group about a week ago: "I've heard that there is a LEGO promotion going on with the Oatmeal product. My son loves the product and my other two kids love Grits. I live in (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Ok, what is this promo??? Should I run to my local supermarket? Are they only in northern CA - how bout Southern CA? Mark (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Actually, the envelope is for sending in an order for the items on the back cover, the T-shirt and K1360 LEGO Studio Action Kit. Scott Member 718 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

You don't really need the special box. The latest Mania magazine has a special envelope for sending the packets in. Rose Raymond Flournoy wrote in message ... (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Hi all, Has anyone found the special Quaker Oatmeal promo boxes in Northern California yet? Thanks! --Raymond Flournoy flournoy@cs.stanford.edu ray.flournoy@amikai.com (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Next BayLUG meeting (was: SF-based journalist seeks stories...)

I am looking forward to making it to another BayLUG meeting. I missed the last two(!!) because of work during the harvest. I will not be able to make a meeting during the first week of Feb, as I will be out of town. I would REALLY like to make the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Matt & All, Sounds like you need to build some more power plants. Fortunately, my company designs and builds power plants, even nuclear power! Check it out! ;) (URL) off.topic.fun ***...*** Please visit (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Keep them blackouts rolling! Well, well, well. I work with a stockbroker here in Santa Rosa, CA, and consequently when the market closes in New York, it is 1:00 in the afternoon for us. Our busiest time of day. (Also means I'm off work by 2:30/3:00 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: help with article

(...) Hi Chloe: As a bit of a background, I am the Data Warehouse Manager for a Canadian Cable company. Of course, I can't speak for all the technologists out there, but I think Lego as a whole reflects modern thinnking on how to design computer (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: help with article

(...) Hi Chloe: As a bit of a background, I am the Data Warehouse Manager for Canadian Cable company. Of course, I can't speak for all teh technologists out there, but I think Lego as a whole reflects modern thinnking on how to design computer (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: WENT to legoland (wasRe: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13)

Remind me NEVER to make a one day run to SoCal again! I started off late as I slept through my alarm (no great surprise, I went to bed at 1am and had the alarm set for 2am). I left at 7:15am. Driving "just a bit" too fast, I made it to LLC around (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland)

  WENT to legoland (wasRe: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13)

So how was the trip? I see you got shell sets, lol. It looks like we took advantage of the same sales at legoland (town folk, legoland truck - etc). So tell us about the trip......... (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland)

  Next BayLUG meeting (was: SF-based journalist seeks stories...)

Our last meeting was 9 December 2000, which would normally make the next meeting sometime in Early February...but our regular room is already booked solid for the next three months. :-( (And we can only schedule it 3 months out... ;-) So, we can (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  SF-based journalist seeks stories/comments for British newspaper (Re: help with article)

(...) The above was posted to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf (the San Francisco local group) today. Let's let Chloe know how much we love LEGO! Maybe a meeting with some folks from BayLUG would even be possible! --Todd (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

  help with article

I am a San Francisco-based British journalist. I am researching a feature article about the impact of LEGO on hi-tech industries for The Guardian (a major British daily newspaper), from recent partnerships with Microsoft, Steven Spielberg and (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf) !

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

Check that - NORTH of LAX, not south. You may want to look at some of the shells by legoland - just grab the white pages and use the phone, not the gas to look. If you have access to a computer use mapquest.com for the directions. And they say you (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

Ya, they are still on sale - they are starting to be hard to find. There are still tons of the small $1.60 sets, and I still see the big sets around. I have not seen the all of the bigger sets in one station for a while, but you should have no (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

So the 125x sets are still on sale at Shell stations down there? If so, COOL, I'll fill my car with them on the way down/up(leaving some room for bulk bricks) ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

Just to remind you - I am not sure if you can get the shell lego sets up there - but if not there are lots of shells from Los Angeles to San diego. Here is a driving hint for you - take the 405 and not the 5 - the 5 is a mess all the way from LA to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

What ever happened to the LUG Jambalaya box? It was to be sent to me, but have never gotten it. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

(...) Tom, just to let you know - LUGOLA is having a meeting that day at Bryce McGlone's house. More info in the LUGOLA group if you are interested in dropping by. Jimmy (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: anyone going to Legoland soon?

(...) I don't know if it is such a keen idea to have the LEGO logo on your auction page without some kind of notation that you are in no way affiliated with ....blah blah blah...legal stuff. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. junior (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Any Targets with lots of K'Nex rollercoasters?

(...) All gone :-( Ran (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: anyone going to Legoland soon?

I just went to legoland - and got some of the 2x10 orange bricks. I have put 30 of them up on ebay, they are at $2 now- much less than what I paid for them, I did not put them up to make lots of money, just to give somebody the chance to get some. I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 4561's at Target

(...) That's true, but Target's sale reductions are usually every *second* Wednesday. The 50% reductions hit last Wednesday, so I'd bet you'd have to wait until 17 Jan for the final round. Check in anyways, you never know--but IMHO it'll probably be (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4561's at Target

Wal-mart.com has these for $65 and I think you ca still get free shipping. Rose Maggie Cambron wrote in message ... (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4561's at Target

(...) If you want to take a chance that they'll still be there tomorrow, Target normally takes another round of reductions on Wednesday. You could buy the number you absolutely must have today and then go back tomorrow (morning if possible!) to try (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  4561's at Target

The Target next to my house (in Santa Rosa, CA) is selling 4561's at a 50% discount. $64.50 each. ANyone interested? I may go and pick up a few today... Matt (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

OK, just in case some people only skim the Subjects... I'm leaving from Sunnyvale in NoCal. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: 8007 versus 8008

I experienced a similar mistake several months back. I bought a few of the clearance Znap sets at TRU, and one of the smaller sets had the parts and instructions for a different Znap set inside. I was a little miffed because I would have rather had (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13

OK, I decided I AM going this Sat, so I have Sun/Mon to recover from the LONG day. If any ONE person wants to go (my car can only fit one person extra), I need to know soon, so I can plan how to repack the car on the way home ;-) If anyone needs (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Any Targets with lots of K'Nex rollercoasters?

(...) Not looking for the Big Ball Factory, I already have several, thanks. In fact, I would be willing to trade 1 to 1 BBF for Rollercoasters. (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Any Targets with lots of K'Nex rollercoasters?

(...) Target - PA Big Ball Factory $25 Have about 8 in stock. Would be about 3lbs@ to mail, I think. (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Milpitas Target has Started Clearance

Stopped in last night on the off chance that they had, and came up with a few nice finds. The clearance items all seem to be 50% off. Included are: Battle Droids, Naboo Fighter, Slave-1, UCS TIE and Falcon (a few of each left), all (apparently) Rock (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  MIGHT be going to Legoland soon?

I'm thinking about tearing down there on MLK weekend, but only for one LONG day, since I've seen the park several times already. Would anyone want to go down on 1/13-15, and any preference on which day (I'd prefer 13 or 15, as my wife works those (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.con, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Star Wars FOTW

Hey guys and gals, I drove up to the Pinole TRU today hoping to snag an Imperial Shuttle and found that they still had received no new stock since Xmas except for the Technic Stormtrooper (ugh!). However, a battered and opened Millenium Falcon box (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 8007 versus 8008

(...) A similar one, anyway: the new LOM value pack just arrived at Walmart here, and I found one on the shelf with a second copy of 7308, instead of the 7309. Too bad there's no cheap way to certify the shrinkwrap as original: I could probably get (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 8007 versus 8008

(...) Sorry, I meant "$39.9x". Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  8007 versus 8008

This evening, I bought a set of 8008, the Technic Stormtrooper, from the TRU near Highway 84. When I opened the box, surprisingly I found a C-3P0 inside, with the instructions and stickers, not the Stormtrooper. Interestingly, there were only (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: MIGHT be going to Legoland soon?

Oh yeah - if I DO end up going, the plan would be to stop by the Downtown Disney (The shopping center between Disneyland and California Adventures) on the way to/from Carlsbad, so time planning would be critical. According to a post in .general this (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  MIGHT be going to Legoland soon?

I'm thinking about tearing down there on MLK weekend, but only for one LONG day, since I've seen the park several times already. Would anyone want to go down on 1/13-15, and any preference on which day (I'd prefer 13 or 15, as my wife works those (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  anyone going to Legoland soon?

Hello, If there is any baylugger going to Legoland CA soon, might you be willing to do me a small favor? I am interested in getting a small amount of bulk bricks from outside the model shop which I just posted about in lugnet.general: orange 2x10 (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: San Jose K-Mart Closing - A few deals left

(...) I stopped back today, having decided overnight that these were a good parts fodder deal (sell the Kings' horses, and use the King's men with different heads to make targets for my Forestmen ;-), and all but a couple were gone. But I discovered (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  San Jose K-Mart Closing - A few deals left

The Big K on Fruitdale (near 280 and Meridian) is closing in a couple of weeks. The toy markdown is currently 50%. There wasn't a whole lot of Lego left, and I skimmed most of the good stuff (about half-a-dozen $10 SW sets, and a 4293 that (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Any Targets with lots of K'Nex rollercoasters?

Are there any Targets around that have lots of the K'Nex rollercoasters? Last year the Target by me had quite a few, and they got down to under $30, but I didn't have a use for them, so I didn't buy any. This year my cousin and I are planning to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  FOTW

Well, thanks to a pre-Christmas Sale at Target, I picked up EACH of the UCS sets for $69.90! Apparently whoever was putting the stickers on them, put the much lower price for the Tie Interceptor on one of the X-Wings in the row. So, I lucked out and (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Who wanted white stanchions?

Iirc, someone posted here recently that he was looking for some white angled stanchions. I juat parted out some Power Pit Stops, and have about 8 that I'd like to swap for some (like-)new ones of just about any other color (my order of preference (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Technic Box 2

(...) Ick. I've been through a similar experience, so I don't have to imagine. If you're interested in a consulting gig, drop me a note at work (ran at nuvation.com): there's a small possibility of some related work, and I'll check into it for you (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Technic Box 2

(...) Hey, if you step on them just right, you get a release of u-particles. (...) Well that sucks. (...) Good luck too! (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Technic Box 2

(...) Good Guess, Erik...I probably have a dozen or so lying around in various boxes, not including those in actual Technic sets. But I'm interested in looking at the 1/2 of a u-joint... (...) Yes, it arrived Friday night, but I had performances all (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Elwood and Bubbas' Big A** Crane

Is now up for your enjoyment: (URL) and Bubbas' Big A** Ship is now at: (URL) and Bubbas' House-o-Lego is here: (URL) & Bubba (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general) !

  Seeking Crane Pictures/Video from Dec BayLug Meet?

Hi, I'm looking for pictures/video of the crane I showed at the Baylug meeting. In particular, I'm looking for: 1) stills: the crane lifting the technic super car 2) video of "The Claw" This will be for the crane webpage, now in production... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: $25 DDKs at Milpitas Wally World (but not San Jose)

The Blossom Hill Wal-Mart did *not* have the DDKs when I visited this evening. No 2001 Star Wars, but a fairly complete selection of Mars and Studio (the T3 Trikes were all but gone, though: I only saw one). Bargains of note: <set:1357 Cameraman> at (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 2001 SW + Lego Studio @Emeryville TRU

(...) The Winchester TRU in San Jose *had* a bunch of Droid Transports (if the size of the hole in the shelf is any indication), but was down to 1 (which I bought) when I arrived. There were 1 or 2 each of the AT-ST and Droid Escape, but around a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  2001 SW + Lego Studio @Emeryville TRU

Greetings all, I wonder if I'm the first to report these, but the Emeryville TRU has LOTS of the 2001 Star Wars sets. I saw the Droid Transport, TIE Fighter ($20), Imperial Shuttle ($30), AT-ST ($10), and Droid Escape ($7). I bought eight of the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  $25 DDKs at Milpitas Wally World

For those who missed the website sale, there were about 10 on the endcap of the Lego aisle this evening, just a few minutes before closing. Ran (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

(...) I just wish I had taken more time to chat with everyone. I think I barely even talked to Richard. A strong suggestion for folks though is to really make sure to wear your name tag (and making up a name tag for out of town guests would be a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

(...) Thanks! Sgt. Bricker's Lonely Hearts Club Band is scheduled to appear at the next edition of Legopalooza. (...) Indeed. It's nice when maniac guests take the time to drop in. Many of our club members work and travel, so it doesn't always work (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact