 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / San Jose / 106
105  |  107
Subject:
San Jose K-Mart Closing - A few deals left
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:30:44 GMT

The Big K on Fruitdale (near 280 and Meridian) is closing in a couple of weeks.
The toy markdown is currently 50%.  There wasn't a whole lot of Lego left,  and
I skimmed most of the good stuff (about half-a-dozen $10 SW sets,  and a 4293
that miraculously appeared on the first aisle I checked while I was off
checking others.  If I'd taken a different route out,  I'd've missed it).

There were at least a dozen King Leo and maybe that many of the
Mini-Dump Truck (I picked up a couple,  because $1.50 for a
construction worker fig and a couple of those odd little Technic link-like
parts is an okay deal).  Also one Arctic Expedition and one
Amazon Ancient Ruins (which just wasn't exciting enough to get a
second copy at $40).  Plus a few other odds 'n ends:  I didn't completely clean
them out of cheap SW sets,  and there were a couple of other unremarkable ones.

The Winchester TRU has not started clearancing yet,  and their stock of 2001 SW
sets is all gone.  They do have the new Life on Mars 3-pack,  though.

Ran