 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1874 (-100)
  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

Richard ... In most countries opening the package and removing contents of it would amount to tampering with the box, if you do it while in the store with the sole intention of swapping colored items in that package for colored items you do want out (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Greetings from the CAD Summit!

Here are 3 photos. You can identify the LCAD personalities from left to right by the picture filenames on Brickshelf. (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Greetings from the CAD Summit!

Hey everybody - This is just a quick hello note from NYC after the first day of the CAD summit at LEGO Direct. Our group just got done with a very full day of meetings, discussions, brainstorming, and food. :-) Its been a lot of fun so far and very (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Let's be realistc

(...) Ah-ha, I suspected Tim Courtney's visit might have something to do with LDraw... Frank (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) In what way is opening multiple packages and rearranging the assortments not theft? If you don't like the assortment don't buy it, but what is the shop to do with the opened packages you've left behind after you fished your favorite colors of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) I was absolutely not advocating theft -- my statement has been misconstrued first by one person, and now by an apparent lemming. Here's gob in your eye, dimwit. XOXOXO -- Richard (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

(...) Yep, I would say so. I guess we should all be glad you did not specify boxers or jockey shorts! ;-) Maggie C. (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) We've already established that he doesn't listen to much and doesn't get much. Now we have him advocating theft: (URL) add to his already exemplary record. You're wasting your time arguing with the clueless when you could be building instead. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) You're right. I'm very embarrassed. :-[ I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I wasn't. I should stay away from this group all together. Add it to my Skip-Filters. "attack" was also the wrong word, I really meant something like being (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

And wait for the Gaud to tap on your shoulder :-) Looks like a few trips to the Local Cop's -- Michael - - - Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Lugnet Member# 151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lego (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

(...) Heck! Just open those bags up and select the colors you want. That's what I do when I buy underwear -- have you seen the colors and weird designs that certain manufacturers expect one to wear under one's jeans/dungarees? Uh uh. Give me black, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

[responding to something I posted a few days ago...] (...) by the above link. I didn't mean it at all as a personal insult but to illustrate Eric Joslin's point, quoted above, and another of his which I snipped earlier but will repeat here: (...) In (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Target market

(...) The AFOL market is for sets and for bulk parts. Sets are currently available in multiple venues. I don't see that changing soon. LD is taking small steps into the bulk parts market. I'm still curious to see how far they will take that. "Every (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) Don't I know it-- I have 2 kids as well. (...) It *is* pathetic. Together, my kids built the 8880 when they were 5 and 7. Of course, I only let them watch the TV 1 hour a week (Star Trek: Voyager), too....;-) That is not to say that I don't (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Target market

(...) Yes, the $64 question. (...) I agree completely. And I think LD's offerings will reflect that. I would love to see the stats on who is primary purchaser of the bulk offerings. I would bet that an impressive share is AFOLs. (...) Without a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

This is true I still can't find 2 missing Slizer disks, the dam things. I will not swear :-) Why can't lego sell the Bio Masks on their owe in bags that we can see though? Simple eh? -- Michael - - - Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Lugnet (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Target market

(...) John, I snipped a lot of stuff, including where you talked about an AFOL:KABOB ratio, so I get what you're saying, but I want to focus on the above. Richard was making a point about the secondary market and bulk offerings. That's basically (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Well, no, actually, it was a Non-PR-department employee acting on their own behalf. A good guess, though. BTW, it's interesting that you should mention the PR department; one other thing I said two posts up was (I'm reinserting this here)... (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

John Neal wrote in message <3A84A90A.F9E7E566@u...st.net>... (...) Well when I rag on the juniorization it is coming from a mother's perspective. I find it pathetic that the target age for the City Center sets are 5-8(?) and my four year old son (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Let's be realistc

Very eloquently stated, Tomas! Thanks you:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

Hi Bionicle Fans out there, hopefully someone at LEGO Direct will read this too and can clarify the things. In Europe the randomly assorted mask bags (#8530) came out in february. I picked up many of these bags already. To be excactly I do have more (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) I didn't see Tomas's post as an attack, I think you may be reading too much into it or letting your emotions get the best of you. (and if an honest attempt to explain something said here can make you that upset, you probably *are* letting this (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Let's be realistc

(...) Honestly, I think that many of us who are still "inside" TLC can relate to this worry. It's a very good point and I'm glad you brought it up. With any company -- from a restaurant to a multinational corporation -- it's a little difficult to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

Just thought I'd comment on one small thing: (...) If I'm not mistaken, the dutiful employee from Enfield is probably part of our PR department -- and like any good PR department, it's part of their function to follow up on news stories in the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) lol Richard, Richard, are *YOU* listening? AFOLs are not their market! Why can't you *understand* that? How arrogant and ignorant of you to imply that you would know their business better than they do! For every AFOL, there are 1,000s of (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) I remember noticing the composition of the list on Sunday, right after my first post about the train summit made the spotlight. As of that moment, all but one of the Spotlighted posts were about something *other* than MOCs. 9 out of 10 being (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Oy vey! "all but one"? I think we should take a closer look at that. Below is a list of all the spotlight items going back 2 weeks. The homepage shows at most 1 week back, so this covers a lot of ground. The vast majority of Spotlight items (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  to lego direct, shop at home in australia

I have 2 questions for lego direct (or anyone else at lego that can answer them) 1.What currency will shop at home australia be using? Will the prices be in australian dollars? 2.What will the range of shop at home australia be like? In particular (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

Before this goes into off-topic debates, I would like to say thanks for taking the time to give us information. Thanks! (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) Definitely true. For my purposes, and at my purchasing power/volume, the current bulk system is almost ideal (though more variety will be nice when it arrives!) In addition, before the news broke about bulk sales, I recall discussions about (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) The question is not merely rhetorical. *Listening* in this context is nuanced. I mean it also to convey a sense of *understanding*. I am not convinced that TLC fully understands it's own market. By all accounts, they were long mystified as to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Suzanne, I am happy to receive those kind of issues. I will pass them on the appropriate people as well as follow up. Thanks jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Certainly you can post them here. Or you can also direct them straight to me in order to avoid extra postings that really don't apply to the group as a whole. jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) (Regarding Richard's query as to whether LD is listening to this or that that Dave! snipped) Yes! They are listening already! We have established that, so stop asking! (...) Hmm, I don't know. I think people want their cake and eat it, too. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Jake, That was a legal matter. Telling LEGO Direct about it seems an indirect way to report it to TLC's Legal team in CT. Are they open to receiving such discoveries directly? If so, how? -Suz (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) They shouldn't think of it as "bothering" at all! 8^0 In previous threads people have said that, even if TLC should go belly-up, they would satisfy their Lego needs on the secondary market rather than buying clone brands. That's a heavy (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) Are you Lego Direct people listening to this VERY telling comment? Bring back some old elements in bulk offerings and you can scoop up losses from the secondary market, and people can then buy more lego with monies budgeted for Lego that they (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

Jake McKee wrote in message ... (...) hoping (...) tell (...) So is this the place to report these findings? Rose (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

Rose, I wanted to follow up with you about this. Sorry for delay, but I was hoping to be able to pass on more info. However, when you asked the question, I had immediately (within 2 hours) asked some people on our end about it. The answer came back (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com bug report

Thanks for spotting this bug, Eric. It's a Netscape quirk that can be avoided, and it should be fixed soon. For the curious, the quirk is that Netscape sometimes treats style tags like script tags -- they were implemented around the same time, so I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) of (...) at (...) ignoring (...) I know that I found it frustrating that LD was not responding at ALL to any questions posted here or even fulfilling their own commitments for providing information. I was the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) And this community was made possible by Todd and Suzanne. I know I owe them a lot for enhancing the online experience of LEGO...much more than I owe TLC. I am glad that LUGNET is getting some press recognition and I would hope that TLC is (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) I believe the suggestion was that, when someone posts a friendly question about, for example, brown bricks... (URL) if there was some reason LD knew the answer but couldn't say, it would be nice to dignify the question with some answer (rather (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Mac Mosaic (Was: Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?)

(...) After reading the above paragraph, I have the following questions: What level of Java is Mosaic written in (1 or 2)? Is Mosaic coded entirely in Java, or Java + "extras"? What version of MRJ (MacOS JVM) was Mosaic tested with? (Apple recently (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

Jake, Thanks for the detailed response. Posts that long take a long time to write, and I can understand why those kinds of posts do not come often. I think most of the ill will could be avoided by simply saying, "Oh, yeah, those menus are really (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Thanks

No problem. Happy to help. Now back to that dragon! jake (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Thanks

Thanks for the post, Jake. It's good to have a status report! :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Greetings All! This is your friendly neighboorhood LEGO producer/AFOL again. My apologies for taking so long to put this response together. I wanted to make sure I can get as much detail as possible, to avoid any misunderstandings, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

John Neal wrote in message <3A832BFD.F599C578@u...st.net>... (...) Yea, I'm just one of those people that likes to ogle over a set in person. Rose (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com bug report

(...) Thanks for looking atthis, Cary. I'm getting: <!-- Start topnav --> <style type="text/css" src="/styles/navigat..."></style> /Eric/ (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com bug report

This is not a JavaScript effort per se. The cascading style sheet specification is being interpreted as if it were a script instead. This is wierd. It is as if the Solaris is getting served this: <script type="text/css" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) You are correct about the cross appeal of trains, which is one reason why LD is interested in them. (...) One point of fact-- remember, LD is about *direct* marketing to consumers, bypassing the retail channel (I assume that is what you mean (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G8G99D.BtE@lugnet.com... (...) Well, I'll do what I can, I've done lobbying for trains before, but I don't know what I can do beyond the scope of what was discussed at the Train (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) Can I ask if something was discussed? I have been thinking about the studios line. Every store is selling the accessory sets, which I think are rather limiting in appeal if you don't have the main set. Why (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  shop.lego.com bug report

Hi, When I go to shop.lego.com and click on my country's flag (USA), I get a javascript error, and I cannot get past the flag page. When I look at the javascript console, I see this: JavaScript Error: (URL) line 3: invalid label. FONT-SIZE: 10px; (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  About Lego do Brasil

Hi, I was told that the brazilian LEGO Company is about to close. I would like to receive more information about this and how is brazilian LEGO market will be? Will distributors be assigned? Or are we going to need to import LEGO for ourselves? Best (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) One thing I would take as giving some hope to getting a new type of train driver is that TLC has created special parts which have so far only showed up in a single set, and not even a high volume set. I suspect that if TLC gets a good feeling (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) Hey, don't get us wrong-- we shot for the moon! But Rome wasn't built in a day, and everything we wanted won't be produced tomorrow, and maybe never. But the Romans are breaking ground;-) LTCs and LTDs (LEGO Train Dudes) caught the interest (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) I'm under NDA so can't discuss exactly what was said about what we want. But what do you think? You wouldn't expect that we would have asked for things way different that what we asked for publicly in this group and elsewhere, would you? If (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) Gosh, thanks. I wasn't sure whether I could expect that sort of lobbying to be taken seriously! And I've clearly not been into trains for long enough or I would have remembered to mention _matching_brown_doors_. :) I'm a bit disappointed with (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) In what ways was this helpful? -Jon (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

(...) Hmm...well, I'm not a train guy really, I don't know if the Train Summit mentioned those or not. I'll try to print this out though and take it. I don't even know what I want for my top bulk items yet....got a lot of thinking to do between now (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Well, of course, that's just in *one* building. I'm working on an entire cityscape...;-) I look forward to the completed church! -John (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Yes, but over a few years, a child can accumulate a substantial amount of bricks to use. And by the time they have a large supply of lego, they most likely will have a job or other source of income to use towards the purchase of Lego. I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Hey, was there not a company around that USED to be called eToys? oh ya they went out of business...(Ok on the way out of business) Great role model there Mr. Sunshine :^( (...) I don't see myself buying the common bricks in common colors from (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) I think a tie is a very stylish statement. :D (...) Uh, yeah, apologies- I didn't think to credit Gary, who sent me that picture some time ago. Sorry! I just wanted to make a point. eric (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Relax, this picture is from 1963. They are from the Architectural Series parts packs from 1963-65 (#518, 519, 520, 521), a short lived, but not very successful series. In fact I took this very picture, and it got passed around. :-) Gary Istok (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) <snip> (...) would wear ties while building! ;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Well, at one time they certainly thought adults were worth marketing to: (URL) that in the top two pictures, adult-type people are building adult-type things with the bricks- and no children are in sight. Then again, the contents of these (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) And thanks to TLC and specifically Lego Direct for taking this step. I've been a part of such endeavors to overcome inertia in an organisation before, and it is not easy to do. In fact, the easiest thing to do is get lost in the here and now (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) lol Make no mistake: model railroading is by *no* means a child's hobby! Can you even *have* a "child's hobby"? Children play with toys. When adults play with toys, it's a hobby;-) We as AFOLS have commandeered LEGO as a hobby for ourselves. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Exactly. *Somebody* has to do it. (...) But remember, for most parts suppliers to make it worth their while, they are buying sets in bulk at deep discounts-- 50%-70% off, which has got to be approaching TLC's profit margin. Think of what (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Hmm, not necessarily -- the secondary market changes the whole equation. True, someone has to go and buy X amount of sets and sort through and organize the elements, but I've seen people get very close to true bulk from many sources, for much (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) That depends on your definition of "really get into", I guess. Few kids "really get into" *any* hobby on the same scale as adults - that's part of a function of being an adult and actually having disposable income and the like, not a function (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

(...) Yes and no. Have you ever been to a store specializing in train models? I have been to several. There happens to be a hardware store on University Ave. in Berkeley, CA that has a model and train hobby section in the basement. Point being: from (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

richard marchetti wrote: <snip> (...) Let's *really* define bulk here. True bulk bricks would be bricks by the thousands, and it is in those numbers where I would expect discounts. Calling their services "bulk" is just TLC using a convenient term. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego distribution problems?

Good Morning! (...) Well, I've been searching a lot around the shops (mostly small, but also TRU and big supermarket chains within 100km radius of my home during the last months (especially since I realized there is no more 4229 Basic XXL box), and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

Maybe we could look at it as proof that people want to pay less overhead on larger quantities of bricks, or in other words -- they are willing to pay closer to a wholesale price on multiples of the same sets. If AFOL were to be stuck paying full (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego distribution problems?

Dear Lego, I always try to shop at locally owned businesses when there is the option to do so, rather than go to the big chain stores. The city where I live (Santa Cruz, California) has a neat little toys and games shop downtown called Game-A-Lot (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III

(...) You can respect it without understanding it. (...) If/when you do, remember that you mustn't share the information here on LUGNET unless it has been obtained legitimately. That's part of the T&C, and please respect it. (...) I don't know if (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III

(...) Perhaps they'd prefer all their competitors and cloners not see them yet. Or maybe their agreement with Universal prohibits it. Or maybe they'd rather save it to be news at Toy Fair. Or maybe there's still something about the models that they (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III

(...) Hm, if LEGO can release these facts now already, then I don't understand why they can't give us the images of these two sets right away. They *do* have images already. I know that because I have seen them. I'm pretty sure the set numbers are (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Yes, while the number at Lugnet may be small, each of us has a wider reach than might be first thought. I buy for myself, and my daughter. She goes to 10-12 birthday parties a year. These children get Lego from her as presents, for some it has (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  another voice from the first summit

I have to mind the NDA we all signed, but I'd like to offer a few more comments after attending the First LEGO Train Summit this weekend. In case you don't know, "NDA" stands for "Non Disclosure Agreement". Basically, we cannot talk specifics about (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) And the Studebaker company isn't selling a lot of cars these days even though the Gullwing was an elegant, high quality machine. So was the Avanti. (...) In the area of web sites they have... and *thank goodness* for that. (1) The technology (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) lol BION, I'm pretty sure I never uttered the sacred phrase "8 wide" to Brad at all. In the pic where he and I are laughing, I think we were talking about one of your MOCs, Lar >;-D (...) We *almost* needed it for SteveB, though;-) (inside (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

(...) Well, from what I've heard of Billund and how happy employees are to take trips to cities, it wouldn't surprise me ;) That doesn't stop me from wanting to go to Billund someday though... :-D Nevertheless, I'm impressed too! (...) I'd love to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

(...) Well, then I'm really impressed :-) (either that or they really wanted to sample the NYC food and just figured while they were in town, why not drop in on the summit...) Frank (who wishes he was there, but figures he'd have been a duplicate (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:G895BE.KBC@lugnet.com... (...) Pizza To Go was available on the shelves. IIRC it was only available for a year or two, but was a VERY popular set. I have 1 copy, and I wouldn't mind a few (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

(...) That's true. I would like to see sets reminiscent of Pizza to Go and the Ristorante set that I believe we in the U.S. could only get through S@H. Maggie C. (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Maggie Cambron wrote in message ... (...) she (...) BTW). (...) remember (...) really (...) MacFrugal's. (...) But then this brings up the pink bricks issue, not all girls are fans of pink. I would be happy with some non-violent sets that have a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I certainly do. Did any of you happen to go into the store and find out what this Revolvolution stuff is? (URL) first I thought it read "Re-volvo-lotion", and I was thinking it might be something useful for the interior of my car... however, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) My sons are ages 5 and 7. The younger one loves to build and can easily build sets labeled ages 8-12, for instance. The worst trouble he has is finding the pieces, so I agree with Rose that the newer inside packaging into separate poly bags (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) But do they have to be mutually exclusive? --Todd [followups to .general] (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Apple Computer, Inc. understands this! (...) TLC should hire Steve Jobs! --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G891v5.BHJ@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) sorry. Marketing strength will BEAT product quality every time. regards lawrence (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G891Jy.AqG@lugnet.com... (...) Think they finally realised that having a the best product does not mean you automatically get the best sales. Marketing strength will be product quality every (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact