 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1795
Re: Lego distribution problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:10:59 GMT

Good Morning!

"William R. Ward" wrote:
However, for the past 2 months or so (you do
the math - that means before Christmas!) they haven't been getting any
shipments from Lego.  A big piece of wall space is vacant.

When I resign myself to going to TRU or Target, I don't see quite the
amount of blank wall space but there is a definite scarcity.  The
selection is poor and the shelves aren't very densely stacked.

Have other Lego fans noticed this problem, or is it just me?  Lego,
when can we expect to see some more sets in our stores?

Well, I've been searching a lot around the shops (mostly small, but also
TRU and big supermarket chains within 100km radius of my home during the
last months (especially since I realized there is no more 4229 Basic XXL
box), and although not as bad as you describe it, there is definitely a
scarcity in the Lego shelves over here in my part of Germany, too.

One of the smaller shop owners had not even got the current catalog from
Lego LAST WEEK and was very interested in seeing the one I had taken 2 weeks
before at a TRU. (But he still had a MISB 928 hidden somewhere that I found
that day ;-)!) Anyway, a lot of the smaller shops have had a rather small
assortment...

There is not too much on the shelves, but this may also be a subjective view
due to the lack of 'real' sets. BTW, Bionicles (not 'real' sets in my opinion)
did arrive last week in several shops in my region...

But the biggest german toy fare ends today and the shop owners did expect
to get new stuff after this, i.e. next week.

Habby building,
Sven