 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1793
1792  |  1794
Subject:
Lego distribution problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 03:22:06 GMT

Dear Lego,

I always try to shop at locally owned businesses when there is the
option to do so, rather than go to the big chain stores.  The city
where I live (Santa Cruz, California) has a neat little toys and games
shop downtown called Game-A-Lot which usually has a decent selection
of Lego sets for sale.  However, for the past 2 months or so (you do
the math - that means before Christmas!) they haven't been getting any
shipments from Lego.  A big piece of wall space is vacant.

When I resign myself to going to TRU or Target, I don't see quite the
amount of blank wall space but there is a definite scarcity.  The
selection is poor and the shelves aren't very densely stacked.

Is Lego having trouble manufacturing enough sets or distributing them
to the retailers?  The folks at Game-A-Lot are getting fed up, and I
don't blame them; they say they usually get regular shipments every
couple of weeks and haven't had any since early December.

Have other Lego fans noticed this problem, or is it just me?  Lego,
when can we expect to see some more sets in our stores?

--Bill.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx