 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1809
Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:31:40 GMT

And if you really investigate the price of Lego, it's not realistically a
hobby a child can *really* get into.  The average child might get a few sets
as gifts, maybe some buckets, but then they just won't have enough bricks to
build much with

Yes, but over a few years, a child can accumulate a substantial amount of
bricks to use.  And by the time they have a large supply of lego, they most
likely will have a job or other source of income to use towards the purchase
of Lego.  I personally have nowhere near the amount of Lego some AFOLs have,
but I still have enough to build large casltes and buildings.  It just
depends if a child is into Lego enough to continue to build.

~Kevin Blocksidge~