 Marketplace / Theory / 1930
Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:33:46 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:

Fine.  If you want to order 50,000 elements of one color and element type, I'm
sure you could get a deep discounted price.

-John

How would someone go about placing an order like this ?

As I continue selling thru BrickBay, I'm beginning to get a feel for what parts
are of the highest demand. I'm not sure that I could handle 50,000 of something,
but I might be able to split that size up with a few other sellers. Perhaps we
could become a second tier of bulk sellers, for items that are just slightly
below LDs radar.

This also goes to something that I have mentioned several times about being
able to place 'commodity' style open buy orders. The thread a few months back
about the lost shipping container of Lego parts (at the bottom of the Atlantic).
I think someone mentioned that he would be interested in 1K of the gray roof
panels from 6444. We know the demand exists for certain parts (e.g. BrickBay
Wanted's), but we don't know the quantitative level of that demand, only the
number of interested parties.

I suppose it would help to know what parts TLC is molding or about to mold. This
would add our needs to the production schedules.

Ray
(moved and fut to .market.theory)