 Marketplace / Theory / 1929
Re: 2nd largest lot on ebay (?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:30:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Ray Sanders writes:

At least this one has an up-front list of the sets it contains. Seems a tad
pricey to me, but who am I to say what something is worth.

At their estimate the starting bid is two thirds their estimate of retail.
Buy it now is five-sixths. Throw in a big chunk of freight and splitters and
resellers are going to struggle to make decent money for their time.
I don't see many Lego auctions above the $500 mark too.

I wonder why that big bright Lugnet logo is at the bottom of the auction ? Is
the seller a lugnet member ?  Is that legit fair-use ?

It is big isn't it, probably to offset the lack of any images.
I probably would not call it fair use.
I guess many people use it as a resource and aren't too interested in the
chit-chat.
Saw some other auctions using Todd's Fibblesnork background (uncredited).

BTW, in case anyone cares, the auction number is 555988173.

Sorry, I was a bit lazy.
pete.w