 Marketplace / Theory / 1947
Re: 2nd largest lot on ebay (?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:13:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=555988173

Thanks LFB... The auction is now ended with no bids.

I have to agree with other posters, slapping a huge logo (which, I noted,
was sourced from LUGNET(tm), not hosted elsewhere) on your auction with no
text saying "this is neat, go here" or "Thanks for the set info" or whatever
is cheesy. It might imply some association to the gullible.

I reference LUGNET in my listings, too, but rather than just splashing a
logo I say why (because I made use of information in the set DB) and provide
a clickable link. I would fancy to say that the average mundane reader of
one of my listings who slogs all the way to the bottom will come away with a
fair bit of knowledge about our hobby and how to get involved.

Of course, trying to improve the quality of listings other than by example
is tilting at windmills... but it IS fun to declaim here, anyway.

++Lar