 Dear LEGO / 2911
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:48:49 GMT

This is true

I still can't find 2 missing Slizer disks, the dam things. I will not swear
:-)

Why can't lego sell the Bio Masks on their owe in bags that we can see
though? Simple eh?

--
Michael

- - -
Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk

Lugnet Member# 151
Lego Magazines from the Past and Present
   www.lugmag.com or www.lugmag.co.uk

Home of the UK Lego Technic Club Magazine
                www.technic-uk.co.uk

"Ray Kremer" <rkremer@bradley.edu> wrote in message
This reminds me of how hard it is to get the 7-dot Throwbot [Slizer] • discs.
If this were Pokémon cards, rare items would be understandible, but these
"collectible" items are merely there to support sets which are available • in
plenty.  I really wish Lego wouldn't jerk us around like this.

Ray Kremer
http://throwbots.virtualave.net/

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Christian Gemünden writes:

In Europe the randomly assorted mask bags (#8530) came out in february. I
picked up many of these bags already. To be excactly I do have more than • 70
of these bags, which means I spent about US$150 for these masks so far • for a
collection of about 150 masks.

It is more than obvious that these bags are *not at all* randomly • assorted!

I think it's really a disgrace to LEGO to start such a lousy marketing
strategy. Even the kids will soon find out that they were leg-pulled and
LEGO never produced all the masks they show on the bags. Of course - once
the kids find out that they were cheated, then it'll be too late for them • as
they've already spent all their money on the Bionicle stuff. However, a • very
bad taste of disappointment about the LEGO brand will stay in their • minds! I
don't think they'll buy LEGO any time soon again. What a stupid dirty • trick
LEGO is playing on them!