 Technic / Bionicle / 109
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic.slizer, lugnet.technic.roboriders
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:06:57 GMT

Oh, whoa, hang on a sec.  I'm not disputing your claim that all the wheels
weren't produced- I wouldn't know, I didn't try to collect them.  It's entirely
possible.

Sorry Eric, I didn't plan to address my complains to you. Of course I
noticed that you are not disputing my claim; I only wanted to add to your
posting that there is a VERY large difference between:

1) producing really randomly assorted collectibles and releasing all.
2) producing collectibles but releasing them in limited quantities (but all).
3) showing images of collectibles but *not* releasing all of them (not even
in limited quantities).

As for the first two, I think they are both okay (so, I astually agree with
you). But I think it's not okay to push something that famous through using
strategy number 3) !

Again, sorry for addressing my posting to you. When I started to reply I
didn't think of all the things I would add later. However while writing
there suddenly came to my mind that I have spent another US$20 today on
masks and not one new combination has been among. Not that I would have
expected that, but I bought the bags anyway as they simply looked so cool
(and I won't even imagine what the sad kids will look like that will have to
open these horrible bags and so I had to pick them up instead *g* ! )

Let's simply hope LD might some day drop us a few reasonable lines to
explain that chaos. Otherwise I won't change my mind and keep buying the
basg anyway (although they suck).

My theory: The larger this discsussion gets, the more probable TLC is going
to act about it. However, I prefer a discussion deeply in thought with full
of new strong arguments!

Bye (for now), Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de