 Trains / 9563
Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 22:30:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
Jake McKee wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Frank Filz writes:
To take up a day and a half of several senior folks (including one flown
in from Europe [though I'd be really impressed if the main reason Jorn
Kristian Thomsen was in the US was for the Train Summit - I'd guess that
even if the Train Summit prompted his trip, that he had other meetings
in the US]).

Nope. Both he and Peter Frank flew in Friday night from Billund and they
leave today. The purpose of their trip was solely to attend the Train Summit
meeting. And to sample some fine NYC food, of course! :)

Well, then I'm really impressed :-) (either that or they really wanted
to sample the NYC food and just figured while they were in town, why not
drop in on the summit...)

Well, from what I've heard of Billund and how happy employees are to take
trips to cities, it wouldn't surprise me ;)  That doesn't stop me from
wanting to go to Billund someday though... :-D  Nevertheless, I'm impressed too!

Frank
(who wishes he was there, but figures he'd have been a duplicate effort,
I think Larry and I have pretty close opinions on most all of this
(well, except Larry might be misteaken if he thinks that all other
themes are spare parts for trains...).

I'd love to have sat in on the meeting too, even though I'm not a train head
(by cashflow), I still enjoy the layouts/shows and want to see how LTCs and
TLC will cooperate.  Aah well, looks like a fun and productive weekend for
all involved, I can't wait to hear more details from LEGO.

-Tim (why am I posting to Lugnet every other second when I should be getting
dinner?) Courtney