 LEGO Company / 2809
Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:57:35 GMT

Hi Scott,

Out of curiousity, I then ask, why is, for example, the engineer from
'Spiderman's train rescue':
http://www.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/3626bpx265.1083604835.jpg Flesh
coloured? Is he a specific character like say, Peter Parker or Harry Potter?

Samarth

SNIP
The yellow minifig is not dead.  I recall Jake mentioning at a Brickfest
convention that the flesh-colored minifigs are only done when there's a
likeness to a person, either in real-life or as an actor/person in a licensed
product.

For example:  The F1 racers sets.  All figures are yellow, EXCEPT for
Barichello and Shumacher.  Since they are real, they are flesh.  The crew is
yellow.

World City sets have all yellow minifigs.

Dora, Harry Potter and Star Wars are flesh figures--for specific characters.
Non-specific Star Wars characters (i.e. rebel snow soldier in snowspeeder
set) is yellow.

So, the yellow minifig is not dead.

Scott Lyttle