 Color / 648
Re: I'll take a stab at the letter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:55:21 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Simmons wrote:
Hey all,

However, I have a suggestion for something besides a petition.  I believe an
easier way would be to first agree upon a form letter that we can all sign,
then each person would print out the letter, sign it, and mail it
themselves.

If enough letters are actuallly sent then it could give them a
reason to consider carefully any such actions in the future and maybe even
ask us for feedback before they do anything else of major significance.

I agree with the everyone sending out a letter instead of a few letters with
many signatures.  They open one letter, read it, notice many names and go on
with their meeting.

However, many letters need many hands to open, read the contents and decide what
to do with them.

Years ago, Paramount cancelled Star Trek after 2 seasons.  A massive letter
campaign was started and Paramount had to hire extra hands to open and sort them
out.  It really clogged up their mailroom and gave us a third season.  After
that it didn't help to gain a 4th season.  But many letters are better than a
few with many sigs.

It would be nice if the CEO went into a production meeting with carts of letters
and looking at the BOD and asking them...  "Well?"

If we are considerd a minority and not worth their time, a few thousand letters
from AFOL's from across the world might give them pause to reflect.

It really is worth it to try.  Anyway it's my 2¢.

-- Don            GtwLUG             St. Louis