 Color / 632
Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:55:33 GMT

In lugnet.color, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Johannes Koehler wrote:
   Hello!

   Let’s do this; let’s write this letter, get some signatures, and get the letter into Mr. Knudstorp’s hands. Who is willing to help? This may be our last chance, but it’s in fact a good chance!

   I would sign such a letter. My skills at English, however, are not good enough to write it, though. Let alone my skills at Danish...

Does it NEED to be in Danish? English, like it or not, is the language of business, and the CEO of a company as large as LEGO, even one as insular as LEGO is, ought to be able to read, speak, and write English at least fairly fluently.

That said, I *would* sign such a petition, because it’s a statement of preference, and I certainly personally prefer the older greys and browns to the new ones by a wide margin.

I am not entirely convinced the color change was the wrong decision, when viewed from a global perspective. We just don’t have the facts to know that and are not likely to get them. But that doesn’t mean we can’t state our preferences politely and respectfully, and make our case why we think it was the wrong decision and why it ought to be changed.

I don’t have the resources to organize such an effort, but I certainly would sign. It will be interesting to see if those who are most vocal and strident about how badly the color change have hurt them will step up and organise this.

XFUT to just .color and I would appreciate it if everyone else did as well, thanks.

English speaking cross-overs from Germany and Japan have implied the reaction was the same in their own language Lego forems as it was here. How much more of the globe wold you like? I would hope he could be hit with a letter in every language of every major market they are in.-Ken