 Color / 675
Re: Customer petition?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:32:25 GMT

In lugnet.color, Elroy Davis wrote:
I also believe that is correct.  I'm not sure that most malls are actually
public property though.  Although the "public" is invited to shop there, it
is still a private business, and you may be asked to leave unless you had
permission from the management of the mall itself.

That's always been my understanding as well.  Technically they can street
anyone they wish (although it can get tricky without a defensible reason
that doesn't appear discriminatory).  Anyhow, in a mall you would probably
need permission to set up a little booth or table.  Why not just make a
show-style LEGO display, which attracts people, and then have the petition
there as well.  Probably have to wait until after Xmas though to get space.

As for inside a store (any store), I doubt you'd ever be allowed.  I have
never once been approached by a petitioner inside a business.  I think most
businesses don't want their customers being harassed..., I sure don't.  The
salespeople reserve that right for themselves:  "Listen porkchop, I don't
care how great you think it is, I'm not buying a refrigerator with a damn
TC screen in the door!"   :]

I think any place where you are able to set up a show-style LEGO display
is the best opportunity, be it at an actual show, at a mall, at a school
fair, etc.

As for the idea of asking TLC for blessing to do the petition, I don't
see any point.  You're free to do whatever you want provided it's not on
their property or causing some kind of damage, such as libel, slander,
anything Greenpeace does...   ;]

Alternatively..., just launch a class-action lawsuit against TLC for
rending all existing LEGO collections valueless because of the
incompatibility with the new colours.   ;]

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada