 Color / 701
Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:53:24 GMT

In lugnet.color, Mark Chan wrote:
In lugnet.color, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
Too evangelical.  Don't forget to button it up with three god-almighty's.  :]

How about 5? :-)

That's bringin' out the really big guns!  ;]

I wasn't aware of the improved material change (well, know that you mention it,
it does seem to tickle something in the back of my mind). Thus, your last point
is very valid in light of that fact. Does anyone have specifics, or maybe one
detailed example? e.g. Lego changed from xyz plastic to ABS plastic in yr 19xx,
thus improving jkl. I just like to know what some of the supporting information
is. (Due diligence and all that)

When I said material, I was thinking more generically, to include not only
the actual plastic material, but manufacturing process tweaks as well.  I'm
pretty sure the main material changed at least once (poly-styrene to ABS,
was it?).  But beyond that I was thinking that the formula even within ABS
has probably changed a lot over the years to improve the parts.  The molding
and other manufacturing techniques certainly would have evolved, too.  The
point is that the material/manufacturing side is a continual evolution,
ideally to improve product quality, but more often to reduce costs.  But the
shapes, and the colours, those are basic design features.  That's why I felt
mentioning the shapes was a great idea, moreso than anything to do with the
materials.  Or something like that.  :]

Meh, thin ice.  I'm not sure a child will chastise their parent for buying
them crap.  That comes later in life.  :]

Same as above (it's gone) - although the point I was trying to make was that the
"parent" would feel guilty by making statements that didn't hold up.

There might yet be something in that..., a comment that kids complain that
their parts no longer match.  Maybe just a change of phrase from the draft?

Reverand?   ;]

That line was worth at least an arch-bishop :-)

Naw, those guys never last on TV.  :]

Your comments have been very constructive. Thank you very much.

Happy to be a nuisance!  :]

I actually have internalized 3 different ways we could approach this so far (and
some new or hybrid ones will likely appear from our draft work), so hearing the
pros/cons of version 1 from various other people has been very helpful.

There is always the possibility of multiple letters, each with its own story,
but all with the same complaint.  An AFOL letter, a parent letter, a kid
letter...

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada