 Color / 634
Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 04:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.color, Walter Walters wrote:
   About a year has passed since we learned of TLG’s terrible decision to “improve” the gray, dark gray, and brown colors. Our initial (and ongoing) firestorm was unsuccessful at reversing the change, and with Jake’s recent “locked-color” post http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=2605, the window of opportunity certainly now seems closed.

But I think we have a unique final opportunity afforded by the recent installation of a new CEO at TLG. The new CEO, Jørgen Vig Knudstorp, is only ~35 years old! As others here have pointed out, he, like many of us AFOLs, was a kid/teen during the (heavily gray) classic-space and classic-castle eras.

Suppose we, the AFOL community, could get a well-written letter to him directly. The color change could potentially be reversed with this one, well-placed, shot! It may be a long shot, but it is one of our few remaining hopes, and it actually stands a reasonable chance of success.

has anyone ever thought that TLG could simply reintroduce the original grey? could be an easier solution. I like a lot of the new colors, but I just don’t like the new greys. I would get involved in something like this, my time is very limited though. I’ll keep an eye on this thread, maybe something will come about. Darren