 Color / 635
Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 05:00:27 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.color, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.color, Walter Walters wrote:

Mr. Knudstorp may not even be aware that the color change has occurred, or
why the change was so upsetting to the AFOL community.  In fact, he may not
yet even know that the AFOL community exists at all.  This letter could
serve a variety of useful purposes.

FYI, In the last six months, I've yet to come across any of my colleagues to
who don't know and understand the AFOL concern.

Hardly anyone on this planet is truly unreachable.  I am convinced that we
could get a well-worded, respectful letter {into Mr. Knudstorp's hands}.  It
would be even better if we could attach a petition to it, with several dozen
or maybe 50 names.  Unfortunately, I honestly do not have the time to
organize this endeavor and synthesize the letter.

I'm not sure how far this will get you, but I'll tell you what... if you're
able to pull something like this together, I promise to hand it to Jorgen Vig
personally.

Jake

---¬
Jake McKee¬
Community Liaison¬
LEGO Community Development

If the community is dead set on giving me a migraine over the color issue
bringing it up time and time again, do me a favor and listen to Jake. Write a
petition and get it signed at brick events [1]. I would be more than willing to
put my name on it if for nothing more than it will actually have some physical
way of having meaning. All of your arguments, bickering and whining on lugnet
will not do anything but flood the site with pointless posts. Personally I would
rather see a post on some new building technique or moc at least that’s what I
thought lugnet was intended for anyway.
OnDrew

1-there seems to be one every month now anyway