 Color / 700
Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:41:25 GMT

In lugnet.color, Mark Chan wrote:
2) Given 1 and 1a above, we have to find a way to change Lego's perception so
that our AFOL voice is valued, or else go for the "heart-strings approach"
(which also has it's own set of problems - many of which you and someone else
have brought up - so I'm abandoning that one)

Yeah.  If you try the AFOL approach, then you're into spending a lot of
effort convincing people (who may already be convinced) that AFOLs matter,
beforrrre you ever get to the colour issue.  It's like tackling 2 challenges
at once, and the first one could swamp out your second one.

The parent/kid approach works directly (and AFOLs can be implied within the
parent category, even if all aren't parents).  I think the trick is to
make the approach more specific rather than karma'ed.  :]  Certainly customer
happiness / goodwill may be a good thing to touch upon, it just needs to be
less central in the letter, like a background theme.  I think.  ;]

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada