 General / 49723
Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 02:37:08 GMT

In lugnet.color, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
   You’re confusing the philosophy for a product line with the principles of a company, and those are very different things. It’s more accurate to say: “changing a 20-year-old core color goes against the philosophy of the LEGO product”. I imagine the company’s principles are quite intact, with profit being a primary one. They chose what they felt was the best decision for their product line in order to respect that principle. I doubt any of us have real evidence that the net effects of that decision were poor.

TLC is what it is today (for better and worse) by having more than just profit as a guiding principle. I am sure they made the change because they seriously believed it was an improvement, and I don’t see how the change conflicts with their guiding principles.