 Dear LEGO / 3782
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:55:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

I also like the fact that is _does_ include one of the strangest
technic bricks: The motorcycle pivot part.  It could probably have
been done without this specialized part, but including it probably
makes it easier for kids to build custom motorcycles based on the set.
This comment applies to the 8417 set as well (which is extremely
nicely designed, in my opinion).

I hate this part I have dozens, probably from the ebay lots I buy where
people cant wait to get rid of them, but each to their own.

My nomination for potw (once the current list is exhausted) would be the
technic triangle which has come to the rescue several times lately, in
situations where only it's unique attributes could provide a solution.

In a reversal of the current trend for nostalgia and criticising TLC which
I've been doing as much as anyone, Just before the huge drop off in Technic
quality Lego did make some really brilliant parts (and still is with the new
gear seen in the spybotics sets). Newer parts I love include lift arms, half
width studless beams in enough different lengths, 2L brick with cross hole,
polarity switch and numerous strengthend re-interpretations of old parts.
Too many to mention really.

Steve