 Dear LEGO / 3768
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:50:46 GMT

Jonathan Wilson <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> writes:

8808 F1 Racer
8810 Cafe Racer
8815 speedway bandit

For a small go cart, you don't even need to go that far back!  The
1998 set 8219 has it all.  It even seats a technic figure.  I think
the low seat on the 8219 looks more realistic.  I like the angled
engine block on 8815, though.

We've also had more recent small size F1 cars (eg 8216 from 1997) and
motorcycles (eg 8210 from 1995).  They are functionally the same as
the sets you propose, as far as I can see.

On the subject of small technic sets, I have to say that I am a huge
fan of the 1998 "micro technic" sets, for those who remember them.  I
think they are very well designed, and they also had very useful
parts.  Nowadays, these parts are more readily available, which means
that the sets don't hold that much value for me anymore.

Fredrik