 Castle / 9200 (+100)
  The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

My friends, I come before you a man reborn. And to celebrate my reentrance into legoland, I give you the next installment of the Chronicles of Ikros. Simply go to the 'story' link on my page and the links will be there. Added: Chapter 9 - In the (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

Anthony, First of all I must apologize for not reading your story before now. I plan to start at the beginning so that I'll be caught up with all of the history of all the characters. I really enjoyed the new chapters. The writing is good, although (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LOTR Trailer 2

(...) Trust me it is the exact same trailer I downloaded from movie-list.com a few months ago but now has the "take over the screen" "feature." It was out before the other one. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.castle)

  Re: LOTR Trailer 2

(...) I am positive that you guys are talking about different trailers here. The new trailer, which was released on Friday, is the trailer that accompanied (I think) Pearl Harbor in the states, and was simultaneously released online at the official (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.castle)

  Re: LOTR Trailer 2

(...) This is what I'm saying. I'm one of those geeks. ;^) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.castle)

  Re: LOTR Trailer 2

(...) That looks excellent! I'm glad theyr'e making the movies true to the books ,a nd it looks like its not just gonna be some hyped - up Hollywood trash that fizzles over. Maybe The LOTR movies will be as good as Star Wars! I'm hoping on it. (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.castle)

  Help! I need somebody! Help! Not just anybody!

Okay, so I just got some extra cash that i dont need to put away for the bills, and I'm looking to purchase some sets. What should I buy? Whuch set currently in stores has the least juniorized peices I can actually reuse? I haven't bought a set in (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I need somebody! Help! Not just anybody!

(...) It depends on what you're looking for. Do you want specialized castle bits, or do you want to bulk out your bricks & plates? If the former, I'd suggest getting at least 1 copy of Guarded Treasury; it's about the best bang for your buck from (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I need somebody! Help! Not just anybody!

(...) If there's a Tuesday Morning near you, they have a few sets on discount that would be good for building up an army - but hurry, Lego sets don't last long there. For the most part I've found that the best way to build up an army is to either (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

Very cool Anthony! I love the story so far and I expect the climax to be phenomenal! I really like the dragon being a major part of the story and not just having a small part. And I'm glad those traitors Weigar and Liphon got what they deserved. :-) (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

Wow Anthony, it's like you read my mind! Just last week I finally caught up on reading your story last week and I thought to myself" I want MORE!!!!" Thanks for granting my wish. Seriously though, your site is consistently one of the best in the (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) As per usual.. very riverting and well illustrated...: ) Love it.... Kev...: ) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) Anthony , your work continues to get better and better. The story's really starting to heat up now! I don't know if I should be saying this without AnthonY's permission , but only 12 characters will live through the ending...he didn't tell me (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) how could you give this away? ihope it is removed so not too many people get to see it. (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

well, what can i say? the story is great and always gets better i have been reading since like november...i think and from then to now it has been nothing but awsome storylines and plot twists. Thank you for giving me and everyone else something to (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

The chrome sets seem to be the best minifig per pound way of buying at the moment. In the UK they are £1.99 and most of the sets you get 2 minifigs James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk "the Rascal King" <tuxedomask1083@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) Hey , don't get all worked up,it's not like I said who lives and doesn't live. When he told me this,I didn't think he would mind me knowing,hes probably told other people,too. The death of Kullvox suprised me,I thought he was gonna live ..him (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Inn :)

(...) Tamy, Very nice!. I like the use if the Adventurers base plate (as Mark mentioned). The bar area is what I like the best - it's very well done and well stocked. I'm almost a little jealous... are those Guarded Inn signs both original?? :) (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Help! I need somebody! Help! Not just anybody!

(...) I'll echo this, it really depends upon what you need piece wise, the 6094 Guarded Treasury has some potential (part wise :^), a copy of the 6095 Royal Joust has a few different bits in it also. If you are looking for the 'new' castle wall (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Cameras

What cameras does everyone use to photograph you models? And, In your opinion what is the best camera to use? Catch you cats later! -the Rascal King (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cameras

Hi Jason! (...) Personally, I use a Sony Mavica. I love it. It's the best. The manual focus is great for taking lego shots, especially up-close minifig shots, and it has a nice zoom range. (...) Dunno, I haven't seen many others! -Shiri XFUT (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  375 visors for superheroes?

Greetings all, I had the great fortune to find a Classic Castle visor in black (my first one!) as well as a red torso with the three-color shield design in a bag of used parts today. After finding a helmet without the raised chin guard to accompany (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 375 visors for superheroes?

Actually Dave, I used the same visor on an aquanauts white armor a few years back for a superhero named Phobius... Dont ask me..it was a long time ago. If i can reconstruct him I'll take a pic and post it. Catch you cats later! -the Rascal King (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Monument of Mine

(...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) No apologies necessary, to each his own pace. I'll admit I complain sometimes that people look at my stories only for the pictures, but in the end, as long as they enjoy what I've done, that's all that matters to me. (...) Well, I was trying (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) If you've truly liked what you've seen so far, then trust me, you shall not be disapointed in the story's climax, not in the least. Just you wait till I unleash what I've got up my sleave, other than a distinct odor. --Anthony (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) You're entirely welcome good Sir. I wouldn't say one of the best sites, but I will induldge enough to say a good one. I thank you for the kind words though, I appreciate all the support I get from folks like yourself. Oh, and if you're still (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) As per usual.. thanks very much :) --Anthony (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) Thanks much good Sir. (...) Well, while it is something that not everyone would like to know about my story until they read the ending itself, it is by no means the biggest of secrets that I am holding out on. Fear not brave castle-heads. (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

Anthony Sava <ajs0093@pop.tamu.edu> wrote in message news:GE6nH2.IM2@lugnet.com... (...) sometimes (...) long (...) I've started to read the prologue and I like it very much. The only suggestion I could make would be to separate all the paragraphs (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros Continue!

(...) You're entirely welcome good Sir. The best is yet to come, and I'm pretty sure you won't be dissapointed. And Lego thinks their July surprise is big... ;) --Anthony (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Call for Action!!!

C'mon guys, I'm really tired of always seeing 99% space things on the LDraw MOTM... it's time for us to take some action and get some castle things up there on the board :) I've resigned myself to LDraw'ing my Inn, so I'd like to hear what others (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  My Inn :) Updated

It was sunny the other day, so I got some updated shots of My Inn/Tavern :) Sorry for those on dialup... I loaded the page with a few other pictures too. Also, a question... are the small pictures on the page big enough to see the detail? does (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Armor Accessory Pack

(...) I think it should be said that armor only matters to me if I can get helms, helmets and more styles of weapons to go along with them. I would prefer to see such sets broken up into Ninja theme armor, helms and weapons, Castle theme armor, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) Zounds!! None of my peasant labourers have such skill or mastery of these skills! Castles and the like generally "become" a structure in the realm of hard materials, we tend to be more hands on and less computer model about our building, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cameras

Quality costs money, but you can't beat the Olympus C3000 Zoom. 3.3 megapixel, *excellent* picture quality, various flash modes, various exposure compensations (among other things, it takes the yellow out of interior shots), adjustable ISO (take (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cameras

(...) I personally enjoy the 4.3 MegaPixel FujiFilm FinePix40i. It has all the frills, including a built in MP3 player. Of course as Paul D. said....quality costs money. Goto: (URL) details. As far as price, lets just thank society for small (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cameras

(...) Digitally: Canon DC 4800. Film: Minolta 7000. Digital cameras cost an arm and a leg, and to approach film quality, an arm, a leg, and your left (can't say on Lugnut....OOoooooo....Freudian slip). However, you don't have to have the film (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cameras

More Freudian slips: *Kodak* DC4800 - the Canon AE-1 I have is sitting forlornly in the closet, though it still takes good pics. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cameras

I second this choice. I started out 4 years ago with the C2000 Zoom which was great and then upgraded to the C3030 Zoom 2 years ago. All the pics from my website are taken with the camera. From readings in newsgroups, the Olympus and the Nikon 990 (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) Ya know Mookie... I TRIED to build something with LCAD, but I just got too frustrated. It was slow and bulky in my mind, and I got all confuzzled with what went where and all the freakin windows..... Is there SOMETHING a bit easier out there (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) I think what you need is the "new and improved" LEdit emultation in ldglite 0.9.1. Only one window! No fancy toolbars to get in the way. No need to even use the mouse. Just print out the parts catalog and the ledit key cheatsheat and off you (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cameras

(...) For web purposes, I think a 1.3 megapixel (1280x1024) with a good macro is more than enough. Actually, a 640x480 with good macro is almost plenty. I have an Olympus D260 (or something like that). Unfortunately, in some ways, I think I would (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

Tamy I would like to kick off this reply by congratulating you on the great design of your inn. Very nice. I really like it a lot. Excellent use of that Adventure base plate. Keep up the excellent work. I will now throw in my own 2 cents worth (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Origin of the Chrome Breastplate

Hello fellow LEGO enthusiasts , just posting something I found out today. A little earlier while I was at the mall I bought a copy of the Rapid River Village , it was marked down from $60.00 to $35.00. When I opened the box I found the catalogue , (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Origin of the Chrome Breastplate

(...) Yes, the chrome breastplate has been around long before the Chrome Sets came around. ;-) -Shiri (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Origin of the Chrome Breastplate

(...) Yep, the breastplate has been around for some years, now. In fact I have one that I believe came with my 6281. Joel (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Origin of the Chrome Breastplate

Arrr, ye lubbers in stone outhouses be a'thinkin' ye be the centre o'the world. The cutesy belly-armour came abou' wi' the Imperial Armada sailin' o'er the horizon in the Final (sniff) Year o' da Pirate. Cap'n Redbeard (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Incoherant stuff about last night's meeting

Check it out: (URL) les boys, I did not take too many pictures last night but I did get some shots of Emmanuel's long term castle project. (This is why I cross posted to .castle, after all we have to make honorary members like Shiri feel welcome :-) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Origin of the Chrome Breastplate

(...) How darest thou slander the good Castle Folk with thy uncouth ranting! Thou shalt pay for thy insolence on the rack!! ;) Lord Jeff (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Origin of the Chrome Breastplate

(...) Um..yeah.. (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) I agree with you, more castle LDraw models!!! (...) The biggest problem for me isn´t to make the model in LDraw, as long as the parts I need are available, and the MOC isn´t too big :) It does take alot of time, but it´s nice to have an (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) think you should submit this, either the big keep or the forest. Or maybe the inn... but no, I think the keep is most impressive. Go for it! -Shiri (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) they (...) Ok now I´m blushing :) I still don't think they are good enough but I promised that I would at least try...darn! ;) The Keep it is. /Elin (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) e-mail me when you've got some time, I can probably give you some hints if you're using l3pao to create the pov files... (...) I want to learn how to do the scenes, someone has to have a tutorial out for this somewhere... (...) Any of them! (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  one main reason we dont see more LDRAW castle models

There is a lack of a number of parts that are found throughout castle. Headwear in particular is lacking (last count all we have is the bullet helm, the flair helm and the forestmens hat. We really need another helm to use on our knights) But the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

<snippy snip> (...) I cannot agree more! Bring on the Futuron, Blacktron, and monorail! If lego ever rereleased these sets, they would sell like hotcakes among the AFOL communtiy, and I'd sure think they would sell better than the new stuff to the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: one main reason we dont see more LDRAW castle models

Horses... yep, we need them, alright. But it is an incredibly difficult part, it seems to me. (particularly since I have not actually made any parts yet) But, I have made a horse DAT file that is made from bricks, and actually has the proper spacing (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Color me confused

So I'm trying to inventory a 6096 Bull's Attack in prep to list the pieces on BrickBay. One of the minifigs isn't listed in the BrickBay inventory (or at least I don't think it is). Page 3 of the instructions (for 6096) shows four minifigs. Of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: one main reason we dont see more LDRAW castle models

I agree, this section is in bad shape. I even can't seem to find the forrest men's hat. Are you sure you don't mean the wizard's hat? Apparently there also isn't a skeleton arm lying around anywhere - which is ridiculous, cause all other parts of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: one main reason we dont see more LDRAW castle models

Never mind, I found both parts. All one has to do is to dig around at cad.parts ... dig deep, that is. But still, no helmets :( (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

Hmmm... maybe I'll try to get back to work on a battle scene that I was working on. Posing all of the minifigs separately so they all don't look like they were made with a cookie cutter takes a while though... :-) -Andy ----- Original Message ----- (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color me confused

(...) The four minifigs from set number 6096 can be seen at: (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color me confused

In lugnet.castle, Grahame Reid writes: <snip> (...) Those appear to be scans of the instructions. Which does not answer my question, namely... "is the leftmost fig correctly portrayed (vis-a-vis the actual piece)... or did TLC change the arm/torso (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color me confused

(...) This must be the case, because all my figs like that have a dark gray torso and black arms. The printing on the legs is of leather straps that are brown, and at their tips is a little round red dot. Wilson (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  The BrickTopia Royal Palace

BrickTopia is a modern city, but the mayor wanted to create something a little more old-fashioned for his residence. The resulting building is part fortress, part palace, and part modern high-rise. (URL) miss the detailed interior rooms: (URL) is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Color me confused

(...) did (...) That's interesting. All of mine have dark-gray arms and black torso. Maybe there is a difference between Europe and the US. /Elin (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call for Action!!!

(...) I've figured out a relatively simple way of working with minifigs in a CAD scene. I copied 979.dat and 980.dat into the MODELS directory, and renamed them minifig_stand.dat and minifig_sit.dat. I then import one of them into my project in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Color me confused

(...) <snip> (...) Hmmm. I broke down six copies of 6096 last night. All of them had this 'Knight 2' with black arms and dark-grey torsos. Perhaps this is really a stealth 'Knight 3' ? Ray (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The BrickTopia Royal Palace

Brad I checked out the pics. Very cool. I really like the overall top shot of the city. Very nice indeed. Keep up the great work. How about crossing over and becoming a pure castle builder? You obviously have the talent. Take care. Andy (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Color me confused

(...) I'll add to the fodder that I've got 5 6096's, all of which came with the torso in dark grey with black arms... Also, the peeron inventory reports a dark grey torso (although it doesn't report arm color! shame shame!). The image on Lugnet (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The BrickTopia Royal Palace

(...) Brad! Really nice work! I always enjoy reading your descriptions of how the buildings in Brick Topia came about. It shows that a lot of work and thought went into designing them. Your innovative designs and brick offsets are truly inspiring. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Color me confused

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Well... I just happened to have a 2586 Chess King sitting right on top of my monitor <G> , unopened tho. The king does indeed have red arms. The torso is a shade of grey (but which one ?). There is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Help me acquire Castle Accessory set 5383

I placed this request in .castle and created a follow-up in lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade. -- I hope no one minds it if I make my request in .castle. (I felt that the .castle newsgroup readers may provide more assistance than the .market people.) I'm (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Andy Krug <akrug@oz-online.net> wrote in message news:GEEyq2.IAo@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. The city is definitely getting more filled in. Its starting to feel more like a real city now. I have done castle in the past. The problem is that my (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: The BrickTopia Royal Palace

Matt Brooks <mbrooks@sonic.net> wrote in message news:3B1BDBB7.5B9BDD...nic.net... (...) Thanks for the compliments. Actually, the story behind these buildings usually doesn't solidify until after the shell of the building is completed. At this (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Color me confused

(...) I have a couple copies of 2586 Chess King and it indeed has a dark grey torso with red arms. Christopher Pisciotti Loch Forest (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  castle

I have been collecting neat lego pieces. Have thousands. I don't have a camera yet so Let me know what set it comes from and I may have it. Lots of castle walls and other pieces, don't know what they are for. You will like the price guranteed. (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  castle

I have been collecting neat lego pieces. Have thousands. I don't have a camera yet so Let me know what set it comes from and I may have it. Lots of castle walls and other pieces, don't know what they are for. You will like the price guaranteed. (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  oops

oops two posts.. sorry (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guitar/lute (was Puerto Bonita)

(...) Hmmmm, cut off about half the oar handle, heat it and bend part of that back, trim the lower blade a bit....that might make a servicable lute for Castle. Any non-mode methods of faking a lute/guitar by anyone? Bruce (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guitar/lute (was Puerto Bonita)

Hello Bruce, (...) Maybe try this: join diagonally a 2x2x1 round flat plate (without studs) with 3x1x1 plate. It's the easiest solution, not a perfect one, but I find this better than using an oar, or cutting the Lego... I think that sticker with (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  July Suprise

I think that the suprise is bulk foilage. I was reading around Lugnet, and found someone, I think it was Hop Frog, or something along those lines, and he or she claimed that Brian or someone from LEGO said that it was bulk foilage. I do not doubt (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

(...) Whoa, whoa, wait! Hop-frog? As in Richard Marchetti... Richard had no inside info about the July surprise (unless he's holding back from the rest of us... ;-) Richard was just *speculating*, i.e. guessing. Or, more likely, he was exercising (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

(...) ribbit! =( -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

(...) Me too, although I'll confess I'm socking away a little dough in case it *is* super cool. ;) (...) James "Not a skeptic...A realist." (spot the reference) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

Nice try… but I don’t think so! Foliage and shrubbery is all well and good, ~~~~~~~~But Jimmy did imply that the now infamous “July Surprise” is B I G. And as spiffy keen as green brush is, its simply not ‘big!’ The reason I preclude the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Neo-Oz Update: 2.82 MB of new Chaos ZERO and ZERO images.

Chaos ZERO is here (its Medieval style ZERO)! Chaos ZERO is basically a take on Escaflowne mobile suits and Sand Rock Custom using ZERO and Halloween attire. (URL) of ZERO the Dragon Slayer. (URL) taking a walk around the room. I had absolutely no (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Neo-Oz Update: 2.82 MB of new Chaos ZERO and ZERO images.

Interesting and a little humorous. Any particular reason it is sitting down? Nice to know it has working knees. Also, why are you disassembling the ZERO? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Neo-Oz Update: 2.82 MB of new Chaos ZERO and ZERO images.

Slated for disasembly huh, I tell ya bobby you brought us a treat, a Lego creation unlike any. Now I finally see the Boat hull in the back of the head. Cool. What are you going to create next? The pix of Zero sitting are neat.... Good job! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

(...) Then, perhaps it will be a castle set WITH shrubbery -- with some shrubbery placed together in one spot, and more shrubbery placed together elsewhere, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

Then we can cut down the tallest tree (spruce of course) in the forest with a HERRING! "richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GEHxME.Dqw@lugnet.com... (...) shrubbery (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

(...) Don't get me wrong, I never said that it was, just read something on lugnet. Here it is, had to copy and paste, and if you want to read, find the whole truth and nothing but the truth and scroll all the way trowards the bottom and it is there. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

(...) I just hope there's some brown bricks..I have this idea that involves a large wooden badger..... -- Spike (If you can have a nickname, so can I!) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July Suprise

(...) Ah, but do we have a duck to weigh those bricks against, and would they be lighter or heavier? NI! --Baz James (who likes the occasional silliness of a Monty Python reference) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Neo-Oz Update: 2.82 MB of new Chaos ZERO and ZERO images.

(...) I will post a new section on my web page with all the projects (mechs and battleships) which I have wanted to build in the future. Until then, lets just say that I wanted to build a personal version of XXXG-01D2 and upgrade ZERO to Wing Zero. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

In case you werent aware, lego direct is to reissue the guarded inn (this is the july surprise) Go check lugnet.lego.announce for the full scoop from brad justus of lego direct. (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) So I was wrong about the July suprise, but I am too happy to feel like an idiot. Only one question remains. how many will you get? Michael (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) At least 4. Possibly 8. Frank (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  wow. Wow! WOW!

I fafiate from the LEGO hobby for a few months. I move to another state. I log in to LUGNET on a whim, and what do I see? Reissues of Guarded Inn, Pirate ships, & more... J, with most of his LEGO in storage, darnit. (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact