 Castle / 9243
Re: Call for Action!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:21:33 GMT

Tamy

I would like to kick off this reply by congratulating you on the great
design of your inn.  Very nice.  I really like it a lot.  Excellent use of
that Adventure base plate.  Keep up the excellent work.

I will now throw in my own 2 cents worth regarding LDRAW.  I downloaded
LDRAW and like many others was quickly frustrated by the speed of the
program (maybe due in part to my older computer) and how long it took me to
put together a nice structure.  I spent a good 12 hours trying to construct
a simple house.  While I will admit that by the end of the 12th hour I knew
my way around the program pretty well but I still thought the building
process is very cumbersome.

Which leads me to my second point in regards to your post.  I think you see
more space stuff on their in LDRAW becuase space creations (in my humble
opionion) require a LOT less bricks in order to build them.  This means much
shorter building times on LDRAW.  I know most of my castle creations use a
huge number of real bricks and take a long time to build even by hand.  To
create such things in LDRAW would turn into a lifetime project for me.

Now don't get me wrong I am by no means knocking our friends in the face
community.  I was a space and castle fan in my early lego days in the late
70's and early 80's (showing my age a bit I suppose :)  )  but building
space stuff just doesn't take that long compared to castle construction.

I think the only way that we will ever approach the number of space
creations on that site is if we go with smaller castle creations.  Just my 2
cents.  Thanks for reading.

BLACK FALCONS FOREVER!!!!

Andy