 Castle / 9267
Re: Call for Action!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:32:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Andy Lynch writes:
Hmmm... maybe I'll try to get back to work on a battle scene that I was
working on.  Posing all of the minifigs separately so they all don't look like
they were made with a cookie cutter takes a while though... :-)

I've figured out a relatively simple way of working with minifigs in a CAD
scene.  I copied 979.dat and 980.dat into the MODELS directory, and renamed
them minifig_stand.dat and minifig_sit.dat.  I then import one of them into
my project in ML-CAD as a submodel, and can change all the bits in the
submodel with the angles and positions already defined.  Accessories can be
added here too.  For positioning, I define custom rotation points at the
shoulders, wrists, and hips, and can then select the arm, hand, and weapon
(for example) and rotate them all together.  If I want another similar fig,
I change the model info for that submodel, export submodels and re-import
the fig to work on separately.

Dunno, maybe this is obvious, but I too found it painful to add figs one
piece at a time and then try to get the hands, for example, to line up
right; and hit upon using the predefined shortcut parts.  I agree it takes a
long time, but I think it's easier to make the figs and keep track of them
if they're not mixed in with the main model.  Hope this is helpful to some!

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective